Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ - Time to Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still nuthin', you?
We received our title yesterday. Near two months wait from pick up / payment day the paperwork is wrong.
The title is wrong. Tesla made errors even though we told them in writing in person and on the phone how to fill out.
Contacted Springfield via email and then later in the day they called, are working on it now after trying to pass off the error as an issue for me to fix.
Tesla sure can screw up a cup of coffee when the SC does not pay attention.
Will report back on their progress to correct our title paperwork at their expense.
I am very patient and never go away.

Now you've got me paranoid. The VIN is correct, but under Make/Model it shows TSM Model (not 3). Is that wrong? (wouldn't mind trying to pass it off as an S to some unsuspecting buyer...LOL). Would prefer if it spelled out Tesla Model 3, but is the lack of the proper model name worth requesting correction?
Without going to the firebox and confirming mine it looks to be a NJ thing on at least some Model 3s

• Informative
Reactions: haroldo
Without going to the firebox and confirming mine it looks to be a NJ thing on at least some Model 3s

We are going to NJDMV next week to correct the errors made by Tesla on our Title. Tesla will pay for any and all costs to correct, they have promised us.
Will report back if there are any changes to the vehicle description section.
Currently it shows: "Make = TSM, Model = MOD, Body type = WAGON".
Have to agree with @Timbo2 that NJ seems to be mixed up a bit.

The vehicle description seems correct. That’s what’s showing on our registration (TSM 2021 Wagon SL Mod ). It’s probably the state who assigns the model descriptions for the manufacturer, so I’d chalk it up to a bureaucrat in Trenton.

Good luck getting anything done with MVC. I had to go last January to transfer a title and the clerk claimed it was “altered” because of an ink smudge from a G2 pen. If not for a conversation with the supervisor she was prepared to have me pay $60 for a new title and schedule a separate appointment one month later.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
In this area, no one is towing new Tesla cars. In our neighborhood, they could get arrested or shot.
Solve the problem by sending plates and paperwork on time, you expect this from any legit business. Tesla is on the hook for this.
As for NJ DMV, they are outdated and trying to still get caught up from the pandemic. Check out the "Real ID" wait list for example.

What neighborhood on the shore would they get arrested, or shot?