Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ - Time to Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waited implies a deliberate attempt to slow the process. Not sure, given the explosion in orders, COVID’s impact on efficiency and productivity, and the lack of people willing to work, if this is intended. Nor sure how many never got their plates on time, but I’ve seen few , if any posts to that effect.
Patience. The plates will get there

Took delivery on 9/2 from Princeton and got plates on 10/5 from Paramus. I also have a title that reads "2021 TSM MOD" but at least they got my body type correct. Will reach out to Tesla Princeton to see if the make and model listing is normal.

We know the full definition of waiting, but in business like Tesla which uses NJ tags as a normal part of operations, waiting till the end is not acceptable. Tesla does not need to wait to file, their local paperwork actions can change therefor they actually did wait. Check out the Tesla jobs page if you want, you will see they can not fill all the openings in NJ. So the labor shortage makes them make us, the customer, wait. Raising salaries will change that, the usual.

If the temp tag is good for 30 days, what did you do when you were 3 days over and still had no legal way to drive your car @ex9054 ?

Finally, Tesla made errors on our NJ Title, but paid for corrections when we went to DMV on our time to correct their delayed paperwork.

I just got mine same day it was to expire.

However, for a 4 door model S, my registration and title say the following

`Make: TSM`
`Model: MOD`
`Body Type: 2 DR`

I presume 'MOD' is just because `MODEL S` got truncated, but the `2DR`? is this an error that needs correction? or is some database lookup just wrong.

The VIN is correct on title and registration.

Took delivery on 9/2 from Princeton and got plates on 10/5 from Paramus. I also have a title that reads "2021 TSM MOD" but at least they got my body type correct. Will reach out to Tesla Princeton to see if the make and model listing is normal.
What is the Correct body type listed? I see on the application that i kept a copy of it said "SEDAN", but on the title it now says "2 DR" ...

We know the full definition of waiting, but in business like Tesla which uses NJ tags as a normal part of operations, waiting till the end is not acceptable. Tesla does not need to wait to file, their local paperwork actions can change therefor they actually did wait. Check out the Tesla jobs page if you want, you will see they can not fill all the openings in NJ. So the labor shortage makes them make us, the customer, wait. Raising salaries will change that, the usual.

If the temp tag is good for 30 days, what did you do when you were 3 days over and still had no legal way to drive your car @ex9054 ?

Finally, Tesla made errors on our NJ Title, but paid for corrections when we went to DMV on our time to correct their delayed paperwork.
Fortunately, my wife didn't need her car so I drove that instead. But yes, it's extremely frustrating. On top of that, I still need to have Tesla fix a couple of delivery-day paint chips and a charge port door gap that they promised will be addressed. :mad:

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
What is the Correct body type listed? I see on the application that i kept a copy of it said "SEDAN", but on the title it now says "2 DR" ...
Mine reads "4 DR" so definitely seems like the screwed up your title.

Also, my Tesla advisor assured me that it's normal for the title to truncate the make and model like that. Then I checked an old title for my previous car, which was a BMW 3 Series, and lo and behold it was listed as BMW 3 S.