Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ title from MVC (DMV)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model S is the first car that I have bought for cash. Prior cars I bought with a loan and the title went to the finance company, but I'd expect that since I bought this 100% cash that I'd get the title in the mail.

Tesla Paramus sent me my plates and registration via FedEx but I want the title so I can transfer vanity plates from an old Honda Accord that I want to sell.

I bought the car at the end of October. How long does it take? This is from their used inventory.

I bought my S in Maryland and got my title from VA. I bought my X in VA and got my title from VA. In both cases I received the paper title from the VA DMV within 30 days. See if your purchase is listed in your NJ DMV account if there is such a thing there. If it is listed, inquire @The DMV; if not, go back to Tesla.
Also, you might be able to get the plates transferred with your registration.

My model S is the first car that I have bought for cash. Prior cars I bought with a loan and the title went to the finance company, but I'd expect that since I bought this 100% cash that I'd get the title in the mail.

Tesla Paramus sent me my plates and registration via FedEx but I want the title so I can transfer vanity plates from an old Honda Accord that I want to sell.

I bought the car at the end of October. How long does it take? This is from their used inventory.

If you purchased the car in cash, you should have recieved the title with the registration and plates. There's no additional waiting period in NJ for the title, they have the ability to print and issue right away. I would contact them about it.