TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

No. 13 on Ebay

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by pgwoosley, Mar 19, 2009.

1. pgwoosley

pgwoosley Member

Silver Tesla Roaster VIN 5YJREB681000013 is on Ebay with auction number 150333562641 . Located in Beverly Hills, CA .

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#2 TEG, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

3 at once!

Talk about devaluation!

4. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

It looks like a dealer "EXCLUSIVE MOTORCARS" is the one selling it. The original owner must have traded it in with only 500 miles on it.

http://www.emcars.com/

That sort of makes you wonder what happened. Someone who got #13 was extremely connected to get in that early.

5. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Automatic transmission? The dealer even has it wrong on their website. Maybe that's a limitation of the website software, but details like that makes me wonder how much they know about what they're selling.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I suppose others have noticed the irony of "EMcars"...

7. SteveF

SteveF Member

We'll most likely never know, but all sorts of things could have changed for the buyer in the time since they plunked their money down 2 to 3 years ago. Certainly the financial picture is totally different.

And I wouldn't doubt there are others who have recently taken delivery or are about to, at a base price of 92K, who calculate at this point they might do better to take delivery and sell the car, rather than just ask for a refund (in the hopes of making a small profit). That strategy won't be a good one much longer if the cars start to bring less on eBay than the current 109K purchase price.

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Number 13 would mean they bought at the Tesla Debut Event. Or even before. I think they sold 40 that first night.
    Yeah, at 160K for a 100K car that get you a free Model S!

9. SteveF

SteveF Member

Well, yes, assuming you don't invest your 60K profits in the stock market while you wait for the Model S. :frown:

10. graham

graham Active Member

Yeah... that was my mistake waiting for the Roadster :frown:

11. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2 days to go. No bids. Auction ends during the Model S intro party.

12. EVnut

EVnut Darell, the EVnut

Yeah... it at least used to be an issue with Ebay Motors. When EVs are sold it requires number of cylinders and type of transmission. Things will change... eventually.

Of course I still get free oil change notices from Toyota for my Rav4EV, so there you go.

13. EVnut

EVnut Darell, the EVnut

Hmmm. No bids.