Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No. 13 on Ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually it is gray, not silver...

Wish I could afford it!

eBay Motors: Other Makes : Tesla (item 150333562641 end time Mar-26-09 16:08:18 PDT)

ab4b_3.JPG

ae3f_3.JPG

Last edited:
That sort of makes you wonder what happened. Someone who got #13 was extremely connected to get in that early.

We'll most likely never know, but all sorts of things could have changed for the buyer in the time since they plunked their money down 2 to 3 years ago. Certainly the financial picture is totally different.

And I wouldn't doubt there are others who have recently taken delivery or are about to, at a base price of 92K, who calculate at this point they might do better to take delivery and sell the car, rather than just ask for a refund (in the hopes of making a small profit). That strategy won't be a good one much longer if the cars start to bring less on eBay than the current 109K purchase price.

We'll most likely never know, but all sorts of things could have changed for the buyer in the time since they plunked their money down 2 to 3 years ago. Certainly the financial picture is totally different.
Number 13 would mean they bought at the Tesla Debut Event. Or even before. I think they sold 40 that first night.
And I wouldn't doubt there are others who have recently taken delivery or are about to, at a base price of 92K, who calculate at this point they might do better to take delivery and sell the car, rather than just ask for a refund (in the hopes of making a small profit). That strategy won't be a good one much longer if the cars start to bring less on eBay than the current 109K purchase price.

Yeah, at 160K for a 100K car that get you a free Model S!