Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 2022 Model 3 CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go to the main page. CVRP Home | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

At the top of the page there is a gray banner that states “Due to recent price increases, Tesla vehicles are no longer eligible for CVRP. Tesla orders placed on or before March 15, 2022 may qualify.”

It is followed by a link. Click it and follow directions.
Ah gotcha. Thank you!

According to CVRP application:

"Please refer to the date on your Purchase or Lease Agreement. For Tesla vehicles and other vehicles ordered without a standard lease/purchase agreement, the date of first registration with the California DMV is considered the date of lease/purchase. Applicants will need to re-apply if an application is submitted before this date."

Soooooo. The actual date is when you pick up your Tesla, NOT when you placed your initial Order. In my case, I placed my order in Nov last year, picked it up on 3/5 this year, so I barely made the cut off. Well, that's IF Tesla filed the paperwork on time. I'm assuming it's automatically when you pick up your Tesla.

Quite confusing seeing as Order date and Pick up date are very different.

According to CVRP application:

"Please refer to the date on your Purchase or Lease Agreement. For Tesla vehicles and other vehicles ordered without a standard lease/purchase agreement, the date of first registration with the California DMV is considered the date of lease/purchase. Applicants will need to re-apply if an application is submitted before this date."

Soooooo. The actual date is when you pick up your Tesla, NOT when you placed your initial Order. In my case, I placed my order in Nov last year, picked it up on 3/5 this year, so I barely made the cut off. Well, that's IF Tesla filed the paperwork on time. I'm assuming it's automatically when you pick up your Tesla.

Quite confusing seeing as Order date and Pick up date are very different.
I saw the text below under the options to apply for model 3 or Model Y:

“Important: If your vehicle's first date of registration is on/after March 16, 2022, please upload verification with your other supporting documents that your Order Date was on/before March 15, 2022 to avoid cancellation.”

“Important: If your vehicle's first date of registration is on/after March 16, 2022, please upload verification with your other supporting documents that your Order Date was on/before March 15, 2022 to avoid cancellation.”
I think you’re right, they’re clearly making a distinction between order date and purchase/registration date.

I just picked up my MYLR and paid 53k before tax, 59k after tax. I am far below the msrp threshold.

Totally crystal clear and not at all confusing with conflicting information, LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: KQMYP