Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 2022 Model 3 CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

.Slug

Rollin' around in a 2022 Model 3 Performance
Nov 8, 2021
CA
So, I just got off the phone with the state of CA regarding the CVRP rebate for 2022 Tesla Model 3 (I took delivery of mine a week ago). They reported to me that there will be no 2022 Model 3 CVRP rebate because Tesla has not bothered to file the paper work (yet) or request it to be added to the CA state program. Super frustrating. Wish I'd known this as when I placed my order Tesla was advertising that the rebate would be "possible." If they don't/haven't planned to submit the request to the state of CA, why the poo would they include it on the order website?! I feel duped.

Looks like its going to be HOV lane sticker for me instead. (In state of CA, you can only do one or the other, but not both - if you did HOV lane sticker for your 2021, you can't get the CVRP rebate)

Here is the CVRP website in case anyone wants to view the current approved vehicles. CVRP Eligible Vehicles

Looks like its going to be HOV lane sticker for me instead. (In state of CA, you can only do one or the other, but not both - if you did HOV lane sticker for your 2021, you can't get the CVRP rebate)

Here is the CVRP website in case anyone wants to view the current approved vehicles. CVRP Eligible Vehicles
That is only true for high-income households/individuals.

1638303845387.png

The CA website and info conflicts with the form, which is unfortunate. So, I'd recommend confirming with a physical body/verbal within the state dept. before blowing 9 months on a wait/effort and then getting denied. Also somethin to consider is if you take a rebate for a Tesla for a 2021 and older, you cannot sell the car for a specified period of time, otherwise you'll be on the hook for the rebate amount.

• Informative
Reactions: whisperingshad
So, I just got off the phone with the state of CA regarding the CVRP rebate for 2022 Tesla Model 3 (I took delivery of mine a week ago). They reported to me that there will be no 2022 Model 3 CVRP rebate because Tesla has not bothered to file the paper work (yet) or request it to be added to the CA state program. Super frustrating. Wish I'd known this as when I placed my order Tesla was advertising that the rebate would be "possible." If they don't/haven't planned to submit the request to the state of CA, why the poo would they include it on the order website?! I feel duped.

WRONG. You can get both.

The CA website and info conflicts with the form, which is unfortunate. So, I'd recommend confirming with a physical body/verbal within the state dept. before blowing 9 months on a wait/effort and then getting denied. Also somethin to consider is if you take a rebate for a Tesla for a 2021 and older, you cannot sell the car for a specified period of time, otherwise you'll be on the hook for the rebate amount.
3 years unless it's changed

WRONG. You can get both.

Not depending on income according to the form, and according to the website you just can't generally. The program really needs to get their requirements straight or get consistent with the way they communicate them via the form and website.

And in any case, you can't get the rebate at all anymore because Tesla hasn't submitted request/paperwork to the state of CA yet. So, if you bought a 2022, you are straight up SOL.

Not depending on income according to the form, and according to the website you just can't generally. The program really needs to get their requirements straight or get consistent with the way they communicate them via the form and website.

And in any case, you can't get the rebate at all anymore because Tesla hasn't submitted request/paperwork to the state of CA yet. So, if you bought a 2022, you are straight up SOL.
Well if someone makes that much, they dont need a rebate lol

Reactions: kingkong5
If you sell or otherwise dispose of the vehicle in less than 30 months, you potentially owe a pro-rated amount back to the rebate program. I have heard of people that had a car totaled within that 30 month period that had to return the prorated unearned portion before they could claim another rebate on a replacement vehicle.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Its not misleading. You literally can't get the rebate for a 2022 M3 and there is literally no timeline for when you'll be expected to if you haven't purchased one yet. In any case. I'm still a little peeved that Tesla sold me a car claiming I could get the rebate for it when I obviously cannot and will never be able to. I just also received an email today from the state CVRP and they say only cars that were purchased after the vehicle is added to the CVRP list will qualify for a rebate. So, anyone getting a 2022 M3 right now will always be SOL (even though Tesla sold the car advertising it qualifies) because they would have purchased their car PRIOR to the year/model being added to the CVRP list.

This crap should have been handled by Tesla PRIOR to delivering 2022s. In the least, removed the rebate marketing off the order website until the sale of the 2022 ACTUALLY qualifies for a CA state rebate.

Last edited:
I just also received an email today from the state CVRP and they say only cars that were purchased after the vehicle is added to the CVRP list will qualify for a rebate.
I think, quite frankly, this answer is bullshit. I’ll eat my hat if every single 2022 Model 3 isn’t eligible for the rebate in a matter of weeks when Tesla’s paperwork department gets their crap together, regardless of purchase date.

I think, quite frankly, this answer is bullshit. I’ll eat my hat if every single 2022 Model 3 isn’t eligible for the rebate in a matter of weeks when Tesla’s paperwork department gets their crap together, regardless of purchase date.
I agree that it's probably only a matter of weeks, but that can still leave all the customers that took delivery before Tesla filed the paperwork ineligible. :(

Reactions: .Slug
Reply from cvrp

Thank you for your email. Vehicle manufacturers must apply for Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) eligibility with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and meet several program requirements. If all program requirements are met, the vehicle is added to the list of eligible vehicles on our website. Please note: Certain plug-in hybrid electric vehicles(PHEVs) are only eligible for a rebate if they are purchased/leased on or after the vehicle eligibility date. More information and a list of common vehicles that do not meet program requirements can be found in the CVRP FAQs under Why don’t I see my vehicle on the eligibility list? I encourage you to visit www.driveclean.ca.gov where you can perform a search based on your vehicle type and zip code to see if there are any other incentives available to you at this time. Thank you for your investment in clean vehicle technology.

Reactions: mociaf9 and .Slug
I went ahead and submitted my HOV sticker request in the mean time. Hope to see something positive from Tesla getting the 2022 on the eligibility list soon. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: AprilMay
Update: you can now submit your application for 2022 Model 3. I just re-submitted my application for my Model 3 and it was finally accepted!

Can a MOD update the thread title?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-110458_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-110458_Chrome.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 140