Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 2022 Model 3 CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like as of 3/15/22, all trims of Model 3 no longer apply due to the price increase.

1648137986927.png

Dang, thanks for posting that. Glad I just made it in time with my order. Another reason to keep that order now. The $2k CVRP, combined with $2k lower price ($4k) is a big difference compared to any orders after 3/15.
I placed my order on March 3rd and avoided paying $5.5k more ($2.5k price increase + $2k CVRP) in a span of three weeks. Absolutely crazy. It's safe to say I probably wouldn't have purchased a Tesla if I had to pay the price today along with no CVRP.

I placed my order on March 3rd and avoided paying $5.5k more ($2.5k price increase + $2k CVRP) in a span of three weeks. Absolutely crazy. It's safe to say I probably wouldn't have purchased a Tesla if I had to pay the price today along with no CVRP.
Right? I placed my order 3/12! lol, talk about close timing. I'm pretty fortunate there. That along with my Rivian reservation (pre-price increase)

Looks like they are changing the way they are determining how the CVRP will be distributed. This contradicts what they said in the past. Or they were doing in wrong in the past.
I was thinking the same. being that over the phone last week they told me both Model 3 and Y qualify, it would seem either Tesla changed the actual MSRP that they use, or they changed how they determine the MSRP for Tesla models. In any case, it's too bad for Tesla's going forward.

I was thinking the same. being that over the phone last week they told me both Model 3 and Y qualify, it would seem either Tesla changed the actual MSRP that they use, or they changed how they determine the MSRP for Tesla models. In any case, it's too bad for Tesla's going forward.
You make perfect sense. My friend ordered his 3 LR on the 12th and it was itemized and the base under 45k.

Definitely, not good for one's budget. I saw that the Model Y LR with standard wheels has a EDD of 1/23 now. My friends EDD was May and now June/July. I didn't get a chance to welcome him to church of the ever changing delivery date. 😂

What if my original order date for a MYLR was 10/29/21, but then the order was updated to MYP on 05/18/22 (I kept the original price from 10/29). Does that mean I'm still before the cut-off date or after...?

Last edited:
What do they mean by "Base MSRP"? I ordered my 22 Model 3 LR in November 2021, and picked it up March 5, 2022.

Does this mean that only Model 3 Long Range is not qualified because it's different than SR+ (Now Rear Wheel Drive).? It was $50,990 when I ordered it.
The consensus here seems to be that if the lowest trim model (eg SR) qualifies, then all other trims will qualify as well.

I spoke with the CVRP agent that’s handling my case and she said that any MY purchased before the cutoff date qualifies since the base price of the MY is lower than the $60,000. I have my M3SR+ rebate and was calling to cancel. She told me I can just send in my registration and some other paperwork, and then rebate will transfer from my M3 to my MY.

Reactions: Hiline
the Cvrp application says that you need to give them a copy of your registration. Does this only come after plates arrive? Or is it that paper affixed to the bottom right hand corner of the windshield?

Also, how do they check income?

How do we apply for the rebate if we ordered before the cutoff date? It looks like you need to apply on the website, but there's no application page for any Tesla model.
Go to the main page. CVRP Home | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

At the top of the page there is a gray banner that states “Due to recent price increases, Tesla vehicles are no longer eligible for CVRP. Tesla orders placed on or before March 15, 2022 may qualify.”

It is followed by a link. Click it and follow directions.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hiline