Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 225 kw charging with v2020.24.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the fastest i've charged in my short time of ownership was 113kW (~360mi/hr). That's bonkers to think that if i do 200kW , it'll equate to about 640mi/hr?! meaning i can have full charge in only 22 minutes?

Although I've noticed that the charge is never sustained. It's super fast at the beginning until about 15kW then it drops off a cliff on speed.

Yet to be verified in reality, but it’s in the release notes of my 6/2020 build LR+ with rev-G battery

Attachments

• 224120FE-A1E9-4512-B287-AA4FFC15374C.jpeg
    224120FE-A1E9-4512-B287-AA4FFC15374C.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 104
the fastest i've charged in my short time of ownership was 113kW (~360mi/hr). That's bonkers to think that if i do 200kW , it'll equate to about 640mi/hr?! meaning i can have full charge in only 22 minutes?

Although I've noticed that the charge is never sustained. It's super fast at the beginning until about 15kW then it drops off a cliff on speed.

Similar. I charge regularly at a 150kw max supercharging station and have never seen charge rates above 120, even when it’s pretty empty. Not sure increasing the max from 200 to 225 will result in any noticeable real world difference.

Similar. I charge regularly at a 150kw max supercharging station and have never seen charge rates above 120, even when it’s pretty empty. Not sure increasing the max from 200 to 225 will result in any noticeable real world difference.
150 SC‘s are V2. I get around 145 at those. The new 225 is in conjunction with V3 SC‘s which are very different from V2‘s anyway. Different architecture.

by the way, a „pretty empty“ battery cannot charge at very high speeds yet until it reaches around 15 or 20-ish percent. The BMS prevents it. When SoC reaches the 15 or 20% mark, it starts charging as fast as circumstances allow. In my E pack MX that‘s around 145kW for a while until it levels off, slowly slowing down.

i have a 6/2019 with E battery pack, last week i saw the charge rate at 199 Kwh for a very very very brief moment.. time to get a phone app to launch and get photo and the number was down to 195KW.. live in Florida temp was about 92 outside.. i started charging when at 15% and this peak happened around 24%

Attachments

• 195KWH.jpeg
    412.8 KB · Views: 43

i have a 6/2019 with E battery pack, last week i saw the charge rate at 199 Kwh for a very very very brief moment.. time to get a phone app to launch and get photo and the number was down to 195KW.. live in Florida temp was about 92 outside.. i started charging when at 15% and this peak happened around 24%

do you know how long it sustained the 195KW for?

Charge rate is all over the place, it stayed at 195 only for a few seconds.. but stabilized at about ~180 for a few minutes and then dropped to ~140 for the next few and then upper ~90 till i got to about 60%..

Sounds about right for high speed charging. On out 3 the highest speeds only usually works from 15-20% until 40% slowly tapering then it settles in to 90 kW until 60% full and tapers more from there.

To get the most benefit from it you need to be driving on highway with the Supercharger selected as destination so any preconditioning occurs. Then pull in with less than 20% and leave at 70% or so.

Unfortunately your <6 month old cars are too old for the latest software updates improvements.

It's progress. The latest batteries are going to charge faster. And If it were an ICE car the only way to get an update would be to trade it in.

And it could be worse. You could be like me and drive a 2018 X75. I never see more than 75kW or so.