Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 3G connectivity today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only noticed mine wasn’t connecting after I upgraded it to V9. Thought That was the problem but saw that it was a Telstra problem from a post on Twitter.
I have been playing my TuneIn stations from my phone via Bluetooth.
Odly the maps load fine, just no traffic data.

Reactions: powerfactor
Decided to do a day trip to Canberra from Sydney no 3G maps died at Campbelltown, just a grey square no nav, music. Paired with phone and got it all back now at DC in Canberra can’t see progress of charging FFS. Might be worthwhile getting a small AP in the car for emergencies on a different network.

Hi All, my 3G connection has been out since yesterday morning.
The car rebooted while I was driving then when it started back up it was completely blanked. Had to set all settings again, even forgot the car name and wifi passwords etc. plus cleared the trips!
Since then it has spontaneously rebooted several more times, each time clearing everything.
And no internet 3G connectivity at all. Wifi still fine.
Any ideas? I’ve called service and they are pulling the files and have made a appointment for 18th June. I don’t really want to listed to AM radio for a month!

The car rebooted while I was driving then when it started back up it was completely blanked. Had to set all settings again, even forgot the car name and wifi passwords etc. plus cleared the trips!
Since then it has spontaneously rebooted several more times, each time clearing everything.
Any ideas? I’ve called service and they are pulling the files and have made a appointment for 18th June. I don’t really want to listed to AM radio for a month!
I wonder if your small battery is going flat- the battery that does the start and interior, not your drive battery.

Mine did all that while I was up in Karumba in the Nth Qld Gulf about 2 weeks, I had Brisbane Service Centre look at it while the car was getting it's airbag recall done and no 3G since, WiFi OK using mobile hot spot from my phone.

Service centre says MCS has lost a partition and needs engineering to log in to the car remotely to repair.
Is from excessive logging, possible memory failure?

The car doesn't show it's VIN#, don't know Tesla will be able to find & do their stuff?

Attachments

• 20190531_182830.jpg
    20190531_182830.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 50
and needs engineering to log in to the car remotely to repair.
I had the Brisbane Service centre log in to the car yesterday, via my home WiFi, they were uploading the latest firmware to the car, I checked a couple of hours later, to find the MCU had rebooted and no firmware update.

Driving the car to work yesterday afternoon, the MCU was continuously rebooting. My car was just 2 months out warranty when all this started happening.

Any update?

I had the Brisbane Service centre log in to the car yesterday, via my home WiFi, they were uploading the latest firmware to the car, I checked a couple of hours later, to find the MCU had rebooted and no firmware update.
3G did work after a reboot/reset until the service centre tried to fix the MCU, and cause it to reset again.

I got a email from the Brisbane service centre, they want to replace the MCU with the HD reverse camera & bluetooth antenna for almost $4,000, I wasn't expecting of doing a trip to Brisbane later this year, I do have a low speed whine coming from the drive unit.

Time to activate Australia Consumer Law? How do I go about doing it? I have kept some notes in a notebook.

Another way is to pull the MCU out copy the eMMc image to a bigger eMMc chip, using this method. Replacing eMMC in MCU Probably cost about $500.