Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Advertising Required: Tesla Model 3 #1 In Revenue On Its Own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Tesla Model 3 sales continue to prove the unimaginable. We’ve provided a multitude of articles about the incredible success of Tesla Model 3 sales this year. Deliveries got off to a rough start and lasted for many months when the car was first released. Production bottlenecks meant that only a handful of vehicles made their...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2018/10/26/no-advertising-required-tesla-model-3-1-in-revenue-on-its-own/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Just did a quick search out of curiosity. BILLIONS are spent, no joke. Some estimate as high as 32.4B in 2017. That's insane. Considering we're celebrating a positive $600+ million for Tesla in Q3, it's easy to see how much that was due to savings in advertising and endorsements.

As an anecdote, I got rid of cable last year and didn't realize how much we are bombarded with horrendous car and dealership commercials all the time. After watching a sports game at my friend's house I realized just how bad it is. They all feel cheesy and fake, and no car commercial ever tell the consumers anything about the car. They just use ping words like 'future' and 'innovation' and then list the cost of the car with fine print saying all this stuff. Man, Tesla is so much easier to like, to do business with, and to root for.

Reactions: wipster
While the model 3 is a fantastic product, I don't believe those revenues and sales could have been achieved without the customers themselves. Their pride of ownership and willingness to talk with anybody interested in their prized purchase, including giving rides and even letting others drive made and continues to make a huge contribution to the success of Tesla, 3, S, and X. And I'm sure it will continue long into the future!

Great job model 3 owners, give yourselves a pat on the back, but not while driving... yet.

While the model 3 is a fantastic product, I don't believe those revenues and sales could have been achieved without the customers themselves. Their pride of ownership and willingness to talk with anybody interested in their prized purchase, including giving rides and even letting others drive made and continues to make a huge contribution to the success of Tesla, 3, S, and X. And I'm sure it will continue long into the future!

Great job model 3 owners, give yourselves a pat on the back, but not while driving... yet.

Wipster's right. Keep in mind that smaller communities usually don't see a Tesla. We work in Fresno, CA during the week and spend our weekends in Nipomo, CA (near Pismo Beach). I've let a few people in Fresno drive my car because they are in awe of it. These guys are early adopters of anything new and innovative so my hope is to turn them into future Tesla owners!

Reactions: wipster
Does anyone on the Central Coast of California have experience with other Tesla charging stations? I regularly use Kettleman City (I-5 and CA-41) and the Madonna Inn (CA-101 in San Luis Obispo). Kettleman has that great lounge and coffee bar and the Madonna has the Copper Cafe restaurant. Would love to have a few more options. One place to charge free and it's faster than most electric charging stations (non-Tesla) is the Marsh Street Parking Garage in San Luis Obispo. Only charged $1 to park and the charge was fast and free.

I figure I probably sold five or six Tesla M3 already by word-of-mouth, test drive, Etc. One guy on our Sony photography Forum saw a couple pictures of the car, got a referral code, and bought a car within the week. Two neighbors are buying cars, and a couple of friends. The car sells itself. Our first model 3 was so fantastic we decided to get a second one.