TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No auto lane change on 520 bridge with V9?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by scottyd, Oct 15, 2018.

1. scottyd

scottyd Member

Overall I’m having a great experience with v9 of the software (2018.39.6 to be exact). It was super solid in autopilot down to the airport last week, many great auto lane changes in not-simple traffic conditions.

But I took the 520 bridge yesterday afternoon in light traffic and couldn’t get a successful lane change in autopilot. I’d activate the turn signal, the lane line would be hatched blue, but it wouldn’t move over. Twice after waiting it started to and then bailed out. This happened in both directions.

I’m curious if anyone else has seen this.

2. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

Were you trying to go from general purpose lane to general purpose lane? (HOV has that solid line)

3. scottyd

scottyd Member

No - from right-most lane to middle lane. Eventually did that manually, and then tried to go back to right-most lane. Failed each time.

4. Kermee

Kermee It's Not Easy Being Green

Auto lane change works for me on the I-90 bridge but I haven't tried SR520... Interesting...

5. Greg R

Greg R Member

Somewhat related, am I the only one in the region that hasn't gotten v9 update? not sure why I haven't yet.

6. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I haven't gotten it yet either.

Haven't been following closely but someone posted yesterday that something like 40% of owners had received it, so maybe about half by now.

7. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

You may wish to read some of the reviews ;). For AP1 car it has more hassles than benefits imo. The loss of flexibility in two apps, of your choice, being on main screen you have today far outweighs the persistent believed need for navigation, and incessantly persistent music app. Compound that with a seemingly slower browser of the same functionality, eg try to read TMC (while parked).
    The map scrolls more smoothly though. Hoping the rest of the feedback given is being comprehended as it has seriously nerfed S and X, again imo.

For ap2.5 car, the autopilot is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was.

• Helpful x 1
  8. BrandonLive

BrandonLive P3D+, Blue on white

Pretty sure I’ve used auto lane change successfully on the 520 bridge a couple of times since v9 without trouble.

9. Kermee

Kermee It's Not Easy Being Green

Just drove SR520 EB early evening. At midspan, engaged auto lane change, once to the left and once to the right. No issues.

I'm on 2018.39.7.

10. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I still don’t have it either. WiFi at home connected to the car and everything.

11. mdk1a

mdk1a Member

I'm on 2018.39.6 8377b4d with my AP2.5 S75D and ALC worked fine for me on 520 when I tried it out today(*). Was able to go from middle to right-most lane and then back again, in both directions.

(*) My first attempt when Eastbound did fail as it went halfway and then bailed out with no other car in the vicinity. All subsequent attempts were fine though.

12. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Member

I could not do auto lane changes yesterday on 520 - but I tend to drive it evenings - is there a chance this is a time of day issue?

13. wenkan

wenkan Member

When test driving before purchase we tried it in SR99 north of the Seattle center. Failed several times both going south bound and north bound. Haven’t tried to reproduce on my own M3P.

14. jackwarad

jackwarad New Member

I have the same issue a couple of times. This morning, I couldn't even activate autopilot. Not sure what causes it. Does anyone know?