Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Battery Performance changed to Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the first time I am hearing about "uncorking"

For my model three there is an upgrade option in my app that says

Acceleration Boost $2000
Improved 0-60 mph time, 4.4s to 3.9s

Is this in any way related?

All 100D’s after a certain build date were offered an uncorking which reduced time’s from 4.3 to 3.7/3.8....free of charge. Not sure why you are being charged 2k for it?

What is your build date?

All 100D’s after a certain build date were offered an uncorking which reduced time’s from 4.3 to 3.7/3.8....free of charge. Not sure why you are being charged 2k for it?

What is your build date?

He’s talking about Model 3. You are right about what it means though
There was a time after which 100Ds were uncorked to a 3.7s 0-60 from 4.1s.
OP, you can do a couple of 0-60 runs and check. They should be < 4s

• Helpful
Reactions: Seth2020
Ok, I got my 100D charged to 100% and ran 0-60 4 times on the same stretch of the road.
The best run I got was 3.67 seconds. Worst was 3.77 seconds. (1ft roll out that is)

I guess I have this speed upgrade since the first day. Just didn't know about it. I really just drive this car softly most of the time.

4DHADjTpgAkflBa8r5iGnxPF_M_0FFBNJTYNzbyX34MQoVW9deFFG71GG2WdG5Hb7DwXeQDqL4jhQFS8ZIEiQMVxblSz87pEhfEnHOb1ejNaGuBPKMf_ixA4C-KxwRrrfQtBSAX4SuXafFnKgRdE-iJ7G--ef9LIYSmKROa7n1VQyUMVvVMTsbm5OR956qStaWoERJXOf0uwfBaS0mpadCBdr9oG3a4loWg03HRUz7pkcg5KCGTC6bjloSMCoblB_Mo9fCV5ezeViGGIc_g9ttbsPt2mIk7TFC8WdNu14IPkznU2r-Tdtg-oKXB_HKhTzE1FbdauE4YokZfw5zY_ZPPsNaY1GpjRPQXHRfg3nd4v3pE4be0eFIes-fZ6We8ULSt1YOMJKLZ9VY1ak-ReCRCapyjfmk7z4XmCVwsRBqq7OgySN1h5PTiGsm2ZhQbve-NcKDFa7XMYg2jnH7Z-6rgHB15VEPStkQcwp75QuQo7K8oyXZ0psXqPk5hoEO5TtWuSyjU-UhrVSINvEYG3ppVBpz9zSOAXSH_HmOWtGf-yW91-KRB7_jLSh4_HlCAN-8WcP5v0cao6V095UuAFphoPw5cRjcxCgL6eACTtgPp20iIfLUE-HopV9n1y5h0ssmerXvVLSya7YZqQmr0SAFD2qJozQI0V-jtRu5GSkWLINVW76mHYeMPe45814Q=w794-h1676-no

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-223646_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-223646_dragy.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: SilverString

What is your build date?

A couple of things are getting confused between the M3 and the MS here - In late 2019 Tesla offered a performance upgrade for certain M3's that boosted or "uncorked" acceleration and the cost is/was $2000.

This post was in reference to a change in wording on some MS owners account pages from No Battery Performance to Non-performance Uncorked Acceleration. I believe it applied to pre-raven Model S 100D models. Mine is the Long Range version at 335 miles but there were also pre-raven Q1 2019 standard range models and the MX with the 100D configuration.

The thrust of this thread is primarily 1) Does this mean anything? and 2) which models were uncorked and when? Uncorking the 100D non-ravens before the release of the raven would not have made sense marketing-wise, because despite the other raven benefits the acceleration times would have been too close.

The No Battery Performance wording has confused many people, myself included.

Uncorking the 100D non-ravens before the release of the raven would not have made sense marketing-wise, because despite the other raven benefits the acceleration times would have been too close.

Actually there was an uncorking of the 100d’s in 2018 (prior to raven’s) coinciding with the uncork of the 75D from 5.2 sec to 4.4 sec. They couldn’t have the 100D remain around the same acceleration as the 75D.

Officially the 100D stated 4.3sec however in reality on the road performance was noted on many videos and reviews to be in the 3.7/3.8 sec range post- uncorking.

Raven LR had nothing to do with the 100D uncorking. As it stands many 100D’s still oddly outperform their Raven cousins.

Reactions: outdoors
When I called Tesla last year they told be that "No Battery Performance" means "No batter performance degradation in a cold weather", it is like a cold weather package for Canada (includes heated steering wheel and heated wiper blades).
That is what the sticker on my car said as well, and I had always assumed it referred to the included Cold Weather Package. On my account page I had the standard "No Battery Performance" until it disappeared and was replaced with the "Uncorked" message.

This is purely anecdotal but I remember thinking the car was faster all of a sudden one day after the 2020 updates began. I chalked it up to my own imagination, and it still may be. But then the uncorked message appeared on my account, and these threads began to appear. No telling really unless Tesla makes some definitive statement, which they are unlikely to do since the uncorked performance, if there is such a thing, is pretty much the same 0 to 60 as the current raven model.