Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Battery Performance Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See screenshot.

Attachments

• TeslaAccount.png
    TeslaAccount.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 794
I bought a 2018 SP100DL in March 2019. Since purchase the "View Spec" option was not available next to the Vin on the website. It is there when i viewed my XP90DL. Also my MVPA was not available in my documents and i never received a hard copy at purchase that had a spec sheet. I emailed Tesla about this and they sent a configuration sheet that included ludicrous. The car has ludicrous mode enabled. I'm concerned about the now page showing "No battery performance" and weather that means. There is still no Spec sheet associated with my account for this car.

I bought a 2018 SP100DL in March 2019. Since purchase the "View Spec" option was not available next to the Vin on the website. It is there when i viewed my XP90DL. Also my MVPA was not available in my documents and i never received a hard copy at purchase that had a spec sheet. I emailed Tesla about this and they sent a configuration sheet that included ludicrous. The car has ludicrous mode enabled. I'm concerned about the now page showing "No battery performance" and weather that means. There is still no Spec sheet associated with my account for this car.
My concern is when you search "no battery performance" in the option decoder it comes back with code BP00, which in other option decoder sites is listed as "no Ludicrous". I hope I'm overthinking this...

I assumed this meant I had the long range X (not a Performance model) but I’m confused with some of the posters above having the same option listed even though they DO have a Performance model.

What does it mean?

Regardless, it’s poorly named. Shocking Tesla didn’t think the label through carefully. :)

03/2017 build X P100DL with cold weather package. I don't see that option on my vehicle page. I see:

Exterior
- Blue paint
- 20" silver wheels
Interior
- Premium Upgrade Package
- White Premium
Options
- Ludicrous
- FSD

(Interesting that they don't list things like my cold weather package or HiFi sound or 72A charger, which were separate line items when I ordered.)

Try again?

Car 1: No Subzero Package / Cold Climate - "No Battery Performance " - Uncorked
Car 2: Subzero package / Cold Climate - "No Battery Performance" - Uncorked
Car 3: Subzero Package / Cold Climate - "No Battery Performance" - Uncorked

I am not sure what you mean by uncorked. I took this from the the window sticker of my 2019 MS. It says something like "No Battery Performance Loss Subzero" ... ect. I would look now but I do not have the car for the next few weeks and the sticker is in the glove box.

Or could it mean Range Upgrade...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 4.53.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 4.53.44 PM.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
I am not sure what you mean by uncorked. I took this from the the window sticker of my 2019 MS. It says something like "No Battery Performance Loss Subzero" ... ect. I would look now but I do not have the car for the next few weeks and the sticker is in the glove box.

Or could it mean Range Upgrade...

The file you attached doesn’t say anything about the battery.

I have two cars with the subzero package. Both cars show the same as my 3rd car without the subzero package. “No battery performance” so it is not tied to that.

Perhaps I’ve been around too long to still remember uncorking. The reason I said uncorked is because originally the lower model Tesla’s had performance restrictions. They did 0-60 in 6seconds vs 4.Xs. But that turned out to be a configuration change that enabled a performance mode. Doing so would “uncork” your Tesla. Allowing for the motors to generate much more power by drawing more from the battery.

All three of my cars were uncorked and they all say no battery performance. I don’t know if it’s related, but it’s an extra data point.

The file you attached doesn’t say anything about the battery.

I have two cars with the subzero package. Both cars show the same as my 3rd car without the subzero package. “No battery performance” so it is not tied to that.

Perhaps I’ve been around too long to still remember uncorking. The reason I said uncorked is because originally the lower model Tesla’s had performance restrictions. They did 0-60 in 6seconds vs 4.Xs. But that turned out to be a configuration change that enabled a performance mode. Doing so would “uncork” your Tesla. Allowing for the motors to generate much more power by drawing more from the battery.

All three of my cars were uncorked and they all say no battery performance. I don’t know if it’s related, but it’s an extra data point.

It is shown here. I'll check the window sticker when I get to the car next.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 7.02.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 7.02.05 PM.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 499
On this same topic, I paid for FSD at purchase. and have it listed at $3K in my purchase agreement, but it does not show on my generated MVPA linked online. On this main car screen I see:

Options
"No Battery Performance"
"Full Self-Driving Capability"

Does anyone know if this means: Yes it has FSD paid for and eligible for HW3 upgrade eventually? Or capable means FSD not yet purchased?