Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No body shops in Philly area? Recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So 4 months in and the first major damage :(
At at light and instead of going forward the person in front and to the left does a reverse to the right... Completely demolished the corner of my bumper, huge dent, everything around the headlight is off..

They were on such an angle that the camera didn't catch the hit, but if they didn't stop, it would have been useful as it recorded their plates a minute earlier.

After starting the process with the insurances I'm looking at the list of Telsa approved body shops and not seeing a single one in Southeast PA.
Between Devon and Cherry Hill there are now probably thousands of Teslas in the area, but not a single body shop :(

There is a Tesla Body Repair center two hours away in MD, and some other approved body shop in NJ.

Normally I'd want to get a repair estimate from a qualified shop for the insurance. I thought I would be able to get this from the service center, but now it seems that its not clear how to proceed..

The Tesla list of approved body shops is here, but the resulting list doesn't seem to be sorted by distance, so you'll have to keep clicking Load More to get ones that are closer to Philadelphia.

Karosserie in Wayne, PA - near the Devon dealer is on the Approved list. I've luckily never had an issue, but I remember driving past their old location and always seeing some pretty high end cars there. They'd probably be my choice in the Philly area. There's also a number of Service King locations and Moppert Brothers in Morton, PA.

The Tesla list of approved body shops is here, but the resulting list doesn't seem to be sorted by distance, so you'll have to keep clicking Load More to get ones that are closer to Philadelphia.

Karosserie in Wayne, PA - near the Devon dealer is on the Approved list. I've luckily never had an issue, but I remember driving past their old location and always seeing some pretty high end cars there. They'd probably be my choice in the Philly area. There's also a number of Service King locations and Moppert Brothers in Morton, PA.

Thank you for letting me know about that one. I was on the phone with Tesla earlier and they clearly told me a different one as the closest..
This is pretty absurd. I looked on the same list, and to me it looked sorted by distance from my location. The first place was far, the second farther, an the third very far.. etc

Now that I went back and select 'load more' I found a few that are quire a bit closer including the one you suggested.