Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No cameras and auto wipers working since V11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else’s cameras failed totally since v11 update?

Autopilot TACC emergency braking all not working along with auto wipers!

Had a ticket logged with Tesla for over a week now and not one update from them.

Since V11 my cameras, chimes, & data streaming are glitchy. The screen 'crashed' on the interstate yesterday attempting a lane change, going into a self reboot mode for a few minutes. 30 minutes prior to this I initiated a reboot after the rear view camera froze backing into a charging spot. Today the front distance chime malfunctioned, locking up the screen again while parking in my garage. All of this is a new phenomenon since the update. 7 months of otherwise enjoyable ownership now resembles Windows 98 on wheels....

my Issue pales in comparison. Since upgrade to v11, my rear view camera freezes every few seconds for about a half-second at a time, creating a jumpy experience in reverse. It’s enough to force me to hit the brakes a few times backing out of my driveway to let the video catch up. Would this be happening in the software somehow (I assume if it was just a video feed it would be smooth)?

Reactions: raptor5244
my Issue pales in comparison. Since upgrade to v11, my rear view camera freezes every few seconds for about a half-second at a time, creating a jumpy experience in reverse. It’s enough to force me to hit the brakes a few times backing out of my driveway to let the video catch up. Would this be happening in the software somehow (I assume if it was just a video feed it would be smooth)?
Same here since v11. Annoying when they don't test enough and break stuff.

mine have also failed today
no AP, TACC, sentry and at a guess all of the safety stuff that relies on it?
all cameras are black and in perpetual loading state

booked service
asked them to send full update file
it arrived and got stuck at 100%

asked for it to be sent again, car now refusing the update file and requires a hard reset which can only be done at a service centre

tried two button resets
full power down resets
and no trying deep sleep, app closed, no interaction with the car for a day

second time for me since a previous update a few months ago

starting to wear my patients tbh

mine have also failed today
no AP, TACC, sentry and at a guess all of the safety stuff that relies on it?
all cameras are black and in perpetual loading state

booked service
asked them to send full update file
it arrived and got stuck at 100%

asked for it to be sent again, car now refusing the update file and requires a hard reset which can only be done at a service centre

tried two button resets
full power down resets
and no trying deep sleep, app closed, no interaction with the car for a day

second time for me since a previous update a few months ago

starting to wear my patients tbh
Manchester SC have confirmed I need a replacement AP computer but there are supply chain constraints.... Awesome

Manchester SC have confirmed I need a replacement AP computer but there are supply chain constraints.... Awesome
I've just managed to get mine working again this morning. Similar to what I tried before but with the car unplugged.

I unplugged the car, closed the app on my phone and made sure I didn't wake it for a day.

Opened the app this morning (probably 28 hours or so since I closed it) went to security > sentry mode and enabled it. Then tried viewing the live sentry feed and all my cameras seem to be working again.

Jumped in the car and tested cameras, AP, TACC etc and all seem to be working. I suppose all those things including auto wipers etc are all dependent on the cameras being operational.

So all back to normal but there's obviously some horrendous bug in the software/hardware that is cleared by the car falling into deep sleep when disconnected from charging and left to sleep for over a day.

I am guessing it will rear it's ugly head again in the not too distant future.