Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No can drive: "the electrical system is unable to support all features"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would love to hear any ideas about why our Model 3 won't drive. Two error messages:

"The electrical system is unable to support all features. Shutting down features to conserve energy"
and...
"Please wait while vehicle systems power up. Press brake pedal for 30 seconds to drive"

Welp, pressing the brake for 30, 60, 90 seconds does not help. Heck holding it for 20 minutes doesn't help.

Other things we tried: Reset with the click wheels, reset with the click wheels + brake, power down from the security menu, install the software update.

It's a 2020 Model 3 long range with 6,000 miles and an 85 percent charge.

Made a service appointment but it is three weeks away.

Any ideas would be welcome!

I recently had my first battery replacement on my 5 year old MS75...Ranger came out and replaced it, I asked about DIY and he said they need to tell the car it has a new battery so DIY is not an option as you need to access Elons brain and get permission for the new battery. Also he mentioned they are using a new style battery across the board now that is supposed to last much longer.

Thats for the model S, which may not apply to the model 3 (which is the subforum this was posted in, and the original discussion on the thread). Model 3 in china have a new type battery as well, but model 3 in the US dont, yet.

Upvote 0
Perhaps the cooler weather.

As far as model 3s go, my opinion is now that the battery they put in them is good for 2-3 years, and more model 3s are hitting that 2-3 year mark, so.. more failures.

No science around this opinion, just following multiple 12v threads over the past year or so in the model 3 subforum.

Upvote 0
As far as model 3s go, my opinion is now that the battery they put in them is good for 2-3 years, and more model 3s are hitting that 2-3 year mark, so.. more failures.

No science around this opinion, just following multiple 12v threads over the past year or so in the model 3 subforum.

You might have something there. My 3 is a 2018 (end of the year), and we're just coming up on its three-year birthday.

I don't think it's the weather because I live in San Diego, where it never gets 🔥 or 🥶. Three years and 80,000 miles guess I can live with it.

Upvote 0