Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Cell Connection - Line through Cellular Bars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Longhorn92

MS VIN #10103 (40 kWh)
Jul 6, 2012
Chicago
Last night and this morning, I have had a line through the cellular bars with no connection (see picture below). I called Tesla Service, and they said others have been having this problem, so I should wait to see if it goes away. However, I didn't see any posts here about it which I would have expected if others were having similar problems. FYI: I did already try a reboot, and it didn't help.

Is anyone else having this problem?

3G.JPG

This is definitely an 8.0 issue as it didn't happen before. For me it happens every day when switching from Wi-Fi to 3G. Wi-Fi in my garage, back out, switch into Drive, line through cell-signal strength bar. Takes awhile for service to kick in. PITA when I need to look up an address and forgot to do it in the garage.

This happened to me this past Friday (pre-v8.0 install) in places that I have ALWAYS had LTE coverage. I could not load maps, listen to streaming audio, etc. It seemed to be an AT&T issue (maybe someone at Tesla didn't pay the bill? :eek: lol). After a few hours it was back to normal without any input from me and no software updates (at least ones that I could see).

I live in a highrise and we have underground parking. I park overnight under thirty feet of concrete and steel. There's no reception down there.
I found that leaving the "always connected" box checked would cause the car to get stuck without LTE. As soon as I unchecked the box and rebooted the screen, everything has worked perfectly.

Temps were single digits F over the weekend when the cellular connection went down. Service was restored today when temps were up to 28F. Could this be temperature related? I hope not, since not being able to preheat at those temps was no fun.

I just experienced this,
Maybe it's a network issue in the area, I used my own iPhone as hotspot. For an hour I had no signal on tesla. But after a while I got 3G signal.

Toronto, Canada

Attachments

• IMG_9288.JPG
    IMG_9288.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: