Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No charging options in v11 (Legacy Model S/X)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the Charging page, you can set the charging limit using the slider on the battery picture.
But your picture should display more information.

V 11 Model S Charging.jpeg

Reactions: l064np
Yes thank you all for confirming the problem.

I can in fact adjust most of what I need from the app, however this is rather frustrating.

After force rebooting the computer a bunch of times I talked to Tesla and they said they'd forward the info to the correct team, but also that I should expect to wait 2-3 weeks to hear back from them. I don't expect I'll hear anything from them at all.

This is all quite a bummer so if anyone has any tricks they find out to get rid of this glitch please do share it here!

I tried to set my charging limit and I can't figure out how to in v11. I suspect this menu is supposed to have the option to adjust battery charge limit but I think mine is glitched away?

If anyone can confirm if this is a glitch and how I can fix it I'd appreciate it

Thanks

got the update yesterday, mines the same as yours. no graphic. hope they are able to push a update soon to get the graphic back, I use that all the time.. 2013 p85 w/MCU2.

got the update yesterday, mines the same as yours. no graphic. hope they are able to push a update soon to get the graphic back, I use that all the time.. 2013 p85 w/MCU2.

Curious. Here is the new Charging screen in my car after the update (2021.44.25.6) with FSD Beta v10.8):

4. Charging Screen - A.jpg

As you can see, I can adjust the charging rate here, in the car, or in the App, as before. (This is in early-2021 'Legacy" Model X LR+ 5-seater).

I guess the difference has something to do with the age of our cars? I bet and hope that a subsequent update will address the issue for you guys.

Did you upgrade to MCU2? Other posts suggest that this may be the issue.
I did upgrade to MCU 2, I have a 2012 Model S P90, I wonder if the software glitch is related to that. I am not sure how this helps towards a resolution that I can carry out though I guess Tesla just messed up on their end.

Curious. Here is the new Charging screen in my car after the update (2021.44.25.6) with FSD Beta v10.8):

As you can see, I can adjust the charging rate here, in the car, or in the App, as before. (This is in early-2021 'Legacy" Model X LR+ 5-seater).

I guess the difference has something to do with the age of our cars? I bet and hope that a subsequent update will address the issue for you guys.
Yes, this is what I expect and this is how the charge menu behaved behaved before the update. I'm on 2021.44.25.2

I tried to set my charging limit and I can't figure out how to in v11. I suspect this menu is supposed to have the option to adjust battery charge limit but I think mine is glitched away?

If anyone can confirm if this is a glitch and how I can fix it I'd appreciate it

Thanks

Mine is the same. I have a 2015 S85D. No image to adjust charging limit. I had to use the app. Frustrating. I too hope Tesla fixes this soon. Not a fan too of the new touch buttons and even the location to find the charging information. I was fine with the previous set up. Stop changing what was working well or give the user the ability to a accept or reject certain changes.

My 2020 MS on 2021.44.25.2 (without FSD) has the same Charging screen. Using the phone app, I verified that changes made on the Charging screen by moving the slider are effective (if very crude).

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
...Stop changing what was working well or give the user the ability to a accept or reject certain changes.

As most of us know, this is a problem throughout the computer and Internet world. You will have your device, operating system, browser, and software all setup so that everything works conveniently and easily, and some update or change by a software or website will screw everything up and create more non-productive work for you.

My least favorite example is eBay. It is constantly wrecking the "search" and "saved search" functions on that website. (eBay is a total cluster-$%^& now, imo.) (Microsoft Windows comes in at a strong second place.)

My theory is this: Young, clever, ambitious mid-level executives need some crisis or issue to solve in order to attract attention and get promoted. (Sort of like mid-level ranked soldiers arguably needing an armed conflict somewhere in order to more quickly advance ranks.) They convince the higher-ups that there is a true problem (whether real or imagined), using the potential to increase revenue as the fuel, and then have their coding team "fix" a non-existent issue. The worst is when they completely revamp a website or software that is already performing efficiently. (Unnecessary updates of and changes to Microsoft Windows and Office used to drive me crazy during the 1990s.*) For a for-profit company's retail product, like software, I grew to understand and eventually accept the rationale. (I.e., I threw up my hands and gave up. As always, follow the money.)

The problem for those of us who dislike preceived unnecessary change is that for every five or 10 unwanted changes, maybe one really good idea appears. Pretty hard to stop such progress. Should we want to? Plus, the age-range in consumers and users really makes a difference, as you all know or will eventually find out. In general, younger folks are more accepting of change and new ideas. As one gets older, the tendency is to want to hold onto the past and what has been found to work for you. (Failing eyesight plays a part, but that is a whole other issue I won't get into.)

I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere. For me the biggest problem is not about the Tesla updates, products, or delays per se. Instead it is the communication vacuum--the failure (by Tesla) to communicate in a timely fashion--which is always filled by rumor and anxiety. (This recent major software update is a perfect example. Step back and look at ALL the keystrokes wasted by anxious drivers waiting for a rumored update, in just the TMC Forum alone.)

Unfortunately, when dealing with the epitomy of a "tech" company, and one that has done it (succeeded), "their way" (i.e., Tesla), I am afraid we just have to accept things as they are (or else find a different product to buy). Some companies apparently achieve success by building a good (and expensive) product that seemingly does not change much over time. (E.g., Vitamix blenders? Rolex watches?) But even those conservative companies have to eventually bend to the winds of competition and progress. Tesla is a whole different animal; one not likely to be tamed by the likes of you and me.
* Microsoft's (then) Vice President Myhrvold was actually quoted as (foolishly) admitting,"...if we hadn't brought your [computer's central] processor to its knees [with yet another Windows update], why else would you [have to buy] a new one?" in Gibbs, W. Wayt. 1997. Taking Computers to task. Scientific American. Vol. 277, No. 1 (July):82-89.

I do not see my slider or car on the charge menu but I notice my is version 2021.44.25.2 not 2021.44.25.6 perhaps a bug in my version

Thanks

I'm having the same issue. I am able to set it on the phone app, but not in the car. I'm hoping there might be an over-the-air "minor fixes" update on the way soon to restore this to the charging screen menu in the car.

Reactions: QUBO and mrElbe

Thanks

You're not the only one. I'm on my first long distance road trip in my 2015 Model S 85D Ap1 Upgraded to MCU2 and I have same issue. I ended up adjusting limit with phone app...hope they fix this soon.

I did upgrade to MCU 2, I have a 2012 Model S P90, I wonder if the software glitch is related to that. I am not sure how this helps towards a resolution that I can carry out though I guess Tesla just messed up on their end.

Yes, this is what I expect and this is how the charge menu behaved behaved before the update. I'm on 2021.44.25.2
MCU2 the latest hardware for all tesla with portrait screen. Tesla knows this so it should work for any MCU2 hardware not just the Model X . That's odd.