Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No charging options in v11 (Legacy Model S/X)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 MS90D with MCU2 upgrade. Same issue with not being able to adjust charge limit. A very useful feature to have available while setting up charging from the screen, and perhaps a safety issue. They have all the other charging options, why not the most important one, how much charge?

Major inconvenience for me to have to rely on my phone to open the app that connects with the car to make this simple adjustment. Maybe gas stations should try this trick of requiring the customer to access an app to control how much gasoline they want to purchase, otherwise it will just fill it to the top and charge you. \s

For people that have submitted a service request, has anyone heard back?

I had the same problem. But updated to 2021.44.30.6 last night and the adjustment is back, but with a simpler looking design.
89C74CCA-5314-4D24-86E6-3D64C9176E09.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: l064np and QUBO
Also confirm the latest version 2021.44.30.6 brought back a functional charging interface.

Next, please fix the sharing of location information in the browser for apps like TeslaWaze, TeslaWinds and Elevation, and other apps that need location -- which is pretty much an obvious thing to share in a car. :rolleyes:

Reactions: l064np
Just chiming in to also confirm 2021.44.30.6 seems to have added back the option of adjusting charge level on my car.

I'm disappointed that the UI doesn't have the model of the car surrounding the battery adjustment like it's supposed to as seen in other photos in this thread, but at least the option is back.

Reactions: elee888
And I've always wished they would add detail so that I could set it at a precise percentage, like 80%. As is with only the slider and hash marks, I'm never quite sure and that makes it harder to monitor the state of my battery. At over 8 years old and almost 180,000 miles, I want to know if it's losing range or if I just moved the slider a smidge off the 80% mark the last time I changed it. Oh well.

I am starting to have a vague worry that Tesla might be dumbing down the controls. I remember when ICE cars had temperature and oil pressure gauges that were later replaced by the Idiot Button (check engine light, giving you no clue as to what's going on). I hope not.

Reactions: QUBO
Good to know about the app but I think this should be standard Tesla software. I think Leaf and some other EVs include that on their displays.

Was just browsing another thread and agree with comments that Tesla sometimes seems to be prioritizing games/toys over functionality. That’s what concerns me. Games can be fun but I’d rather have instant access to windshield defroster than Spotify, for example.

Another mentioned it would be nice to be able to choose which new accessories to download, especially with legacy cars where new software toys you don’t want might reduce functions you value more. That’s probably more than Tesla wants to deal with but if they could offer that at some point, I think drivers would appreciate it, even those with newer vehicles.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
This is a bit off subject but since it’s a thread for legacy cars, I just thought I’d ask If anyone knows the answer.

Last year I upgraded the center screen/UI and paid $500 extra so that I could keep access good old radio instead of being limited to streaming only. And now I can’t find any way to play AM radio frequencies.

I know how strange it must sound that I even want to, but sometimes driving in remote areas or hilly locations where internet access is spotty or hills block the line of sight transmission of FM signals, I’d like to be able to tune in an AM station. Does anyone know if that is possible? It was definitely something I could do when I first got the car.

I hate when “upgrades” take stuff away.

Last year I upgraded the center screen/UI and paid $500 extra so that I could keep access good old radio instead of being limited to streaming only. And now I can’t find any way to play AM radio frequencies.

I know how strange it must sound that I even want to, but sometimes driving in remote areas or hilly locations where internet access is spotty or hills block the line of sight transmission of FM signals, I’d like to be able to tune in an AM station. Does anyone know if that is possible? It was definitely something I could do when I first got the car.
The $500 tuner upgrade only included FM, and XM if you originally had it, capabilities. There is no way to get AM on the MCU2 equipped vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
You can use the "Remote for Tesla" iOS app to view and adjust the charging rate like that. I bought the app ages ago for $10 I think, so it's been amortized over 5+ years, but I can see how the current initial price is a little off-putting. It does a lot, though.
Or just use the included free Tesla app. It shows the exact percentage charge limit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121-093444_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-093444_Tesla.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 35