TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No Colorado places will do alignment?

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by cstork, Oct 17, 2020.

1. cstork

cstork Supporting Member

My Tesla hit 42K miles and I got new tires. All places I call say that they can't do alignment on a Model 3. They say that in their regular meetings, they decided not to. But, much info says an independent shop should easily do the alignment. Strange. Has anyone found a shop besides the SC that can do the alignment?

• Like x 1
  2. krsgio

krsgio Member

I went to stans alignment in Aurora to do my Model S. Most independent shops will do it but places like Firestone and other chains I found wont do it. I've seen a couple other people go to some other shops to get theirs done but I've taken my ICE cars to Stan's for years because they will do custom alignment specs for race cars and they are low car friendly with their alignment racks.

• Like x 2
  3. Barry

Barry Active Member

I had an alignment at the Littleton service center at the time of my 4 year service. No complaints (about that).

4. AlexP

AlexP Member

I took my Model X around Miami to try to get an alignment. I could not find one single place that would do it.

I guess only Tesla can do it and they charge $260

5. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

I know 2 shops in Denver, is that close to you?

• Like x 1
  6. runelind

runelind Member

Can you post them for others benefit?

7. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

Bluewater Performance

Avalon Motorsports

:)

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  8. Matsayz

Matsayz Active Member

Not sure why these shops are telling you no, maybe they don’t like money? I’ve had my Model 3 aligned at Firestones in the Springs and here in Las Vegas. There were a couple that looked at me sideways but they look like they huffed paint sooooo...

Just make sure when they lift the car they use the proper jack pads/pucks as these cars don’t have pinch welds for lifting

9. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

I have heard all kinds of silly excuses to not touch the care based on absolutely nothing at all!

• Funny x 1
  10. cstork

cstork Supporting Member

Large volume sale of model 3 only started ~2 years and these vehicles are only now needing alignments. I think it will take a while for the shops to catch up, especially since there seems to be an anti-Tesla bias.