TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No compensation even though it’s Tesla’s fault

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Solate, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Solate

Solate Member

I was just at the showroom. I ordered a SR white/white on October 30 and apparently the car hasn’t been built whatsoever. I was told there will be no compensation by the manager. And there is nothing they can do to help me. In shock now.

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. richrootes

richrootes Member

Very appropriate name you have there

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Not a thing can be done.

4. DrtyJrze

DrtyJrze Member

Sorry OP.

Any in stock inventory you can snag?

Tesla doesn’t really have a whole lot of options for configuration. Hopefully you can find something comparable.

• Like x 1
  5. Sillyapple

Sillyapple Member

Could you be able to get your $100 back at least?

6. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Sorry. :(

The SR won't get cheaper next year when they make it again. I would not dismiss the AWD out of hand as an option today.

• Disagree x 1
  7. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Do you mean the off-menu SR that is not on the web?

Tesla has a long history of prioritizing high spenders first then low spenders later.

Unless you want to change its pattern by spending lots of your money to acquire a huge amount of Tesla stocks so you can vote for the proposal to compensate for low spenders.

8. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I think employees are being premature in telling customers there will be no compensation. Unless Elon has directly communicated that down through the channels I think they are just guessing. Elon is the only one that makes that sort of decision and I don’t see him making it until after New Year’s.

9. Solate

Solate Member

The sales manager apparently got an email in the beginning of December, to align the messaging. I.e there will be no compensation. They must have realized that there WILL be an issue of December delivery.

• Like x 1
  10. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Of course there’s no compensation. You’re not owed anything other than a car when they have one ready.

• Like x 2
  11. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

Seems like he would want to make that same call if he had that much stock. I suspect he may decide that selling 100k expensive cars is better for stock price than selling 100k less expensive cars.

12. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

Yeah, that issue is called “demand”

13. gaswalla

gaswalla Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery

it is rough to wait 2 months, and then be told on 12/31, no dice

14. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

Yeah, some of us waited years...seriously

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  15. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

Maybe...maybe not.

Virtually everything a Tesla rep has told me has turned out to be wrong, so I stopped listening to them. Come January we will find out how Tesla plans to handle unfulfilled orders. Until then i would just sit tight if I was waiting for a car.

16. ElectricIAC

ElectricIAC Devil’s Advocate

Also an SR order holder here but in no hurry to take delivery. Sucks that it’s not a priority for those who are though but as it is already have two Model 3 (P3D+ and MR)

If anything I see it as an opportunity to at least be in line and if we decide we no longer need the car at that point we can always sell it off and get back in line for a M/Y (Or just move our order over to that if our priorities change)

17. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

Hell anybody on this forum could have told you that. Didn’t need a letter from corporate to figure that out.

18. super20g

super20g Member

Sorry OP, that's a pretty crappy experience, or lack thereof. This company is not the most organized.

19. ElectricIAC

ElectricIAC Devil’s Advocate

Yeah. Not impressed with sales nor service TBH by the installed methods. The way to go here is having an inside person on both fronts that can guide you or pull strings to get you what you need but if the game is rigged you might as well ride the wave instead of letting it knock you over.