Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Complaints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would just be nice to know that someone received a Tesla, no panel gaps, no chipped paint, monitor works upon on delivery, all 4 doors close without any problems and continues to work. I do understand its technology and with that we encounter small bits of things being wrong! I just figured a positive thread wouldn't hurt. I'm absolutely positive the BIG 3 doesn't make a perfect car everytime? The only advantage to having a salesman present with you upon delivery is you n him/her can point out panel gaps etc.....On the spot.
I'm all in with Tesla, 100%!
Picked up my MYP a month ago and experience was great! My sales advisor was very knowledgeable and responded promptly to all my questions over my 3 month waiting period. When I went to pick up the my Tesla I was prepared for the worst. I had seen so many negative YouTube videos and read so many issues on these forums that I was ready to take my check and leave, if necessary. Nope. Service center was fantastic! They told me to take my time and inspect the car. The even moved it out of the shade and into a sunny spot in the parking lot so I can see it in all it's Deep Blue Metallic glory. Only thing I found was a few fingerprints on the interior at which point they offered to take the vehicle back in to the detail bay and have their crew go through the car again. 30 minutes later I was driving down the freeway thinking of all the things I was going to do with my new found money (I figure I will be saving $500+ per month in fuel costs by giving up my F150).

1200 miles later I have no issues and no regrets other than we just ordered one for the wife and I could have saved @ $5000 by ordering it a couple of weeks ago.

Hands down, best car ever owned and that includes Lexus, MB AMG, Audi, etc. 10 months of ownership and I still look forward to driving every day. OTA software updates are fantastic (although you'll hear a lot of complaints with v11), the cabin is comfortable and silent, the drive is smooth considering 42-45psi, tons of space, TACC, AP, range, acceleration, etc. I'll drop my wife off to run errands and have full access to Netflix, YouTube, Atari games, etc. Had an issue with the passenger camera (showing black screen) and mobile support came over 3 days later to replace. I don't miss gas stations or oil changes one bit. You made the right call and the TMC community is nothing short of awesome.

Picked up my MYP a month ago and experience was great! My sales advisor was very knowledgeable and responded promptly to all my questions over my 3 month waiting period. When I went to pick up the my Tesla I was prepared for the worst. I had seen so many negative YouTube videos and read so many issues on these forums that I was ready to take my check and leave, if necessary. Nope. Service center was fantastic! They told me to take my time and inspect the car. The even moved it out of the shade and into a sunny spot in the parking lot so I can see it in all it's Deep Blue Metallic glory. Only thing I found was a few fingerprints on the interior at which point they offered to take the vehicle back in to the detail bay and have their crew go through the car again. 30 minutes later I was driving down the freeway thinking of all the things I was going to do with my new found money (I figure I will be saving $500+ per month in fuel costs by giving up my F150).

1200 miles later I have no issues and no regrets other than we just ordered one for the wife and I could have saved @ $5000 by ordering it a couple of weeks ago.
Very nice and it's exactly what I originally stated about the forums, alot of negative (gaps,paint, windows, cameras) how much gearing up, getting ready to walk away with my check if one thing is wrong you have to do up to delivery and it all went smooth. There are very good transitions to ownership.

Reactions: advocate8
1. Buying Tesla is absolutely awesome experience, except for waiting
2. When you eventually drive one you start realizing how complex ICE cars are. In 15k miles I replaced cabin filter and rotated tires.
3. Acceleration is the best, every time puts a grin on my face
4. The only car I bought that keeps appreciating 😀

Wish I could fix couple rattles, make ride like on model S, and roof shade from factory, and I will be set.

My MYP was delivered on 9/1/21. Other than getting rear-ended and losing a month and a half to the body shop, I really don't think I could be happier with the car. I still look forward to each drive and have already put on 10k miles in 5 months of driving.

Let me count the ways I love my MYP:
-Great acceleration that pins me to the seats. Don't think I'll ever get tired of something like this.
-Smooth drivetrain that just make ICE cars un-enjoyable to drive by comparison.
-Dog mode that encourages taking our dog out and about with us, knowing that we can leave her in the car for short periods if needed without issue.
-Catching up on Disney+ shows in the car while waiting for my kids' orchestra practice that's not too close to our house.
-Multiple driver profiles that can be used as different seat position settings.
-I love the FSD realization graphics even though I didn't get FSD, because I enjoy knowing what the car is "seeing". Other cars with a car icon in the instrument cluster just feel "dead" by comparison.
-Having 200+ miles of range every morning after a charge.
-Being able to reliably remote pre-heat the car in the winter and not having to worry about carbon monoxide emissions. (especially inside our garage)
-I know people hate V11, but after two solid months of using it, I don't really have any issue with it. I don't know if it's better or worse than V10, but all I know is that I've been using it without any problems.
-OTA updates can be fun when something useful drops.
-Autopilot has worked well for me. I think I've only experienced phantom braking twice, on the same stretch of highway both ways during a round-trip. Otherwise it has worked well and I've enjoyed using it.
-I think the car look pretty good. It's not the most beautiful car or anything, but I see it right outside my office window every day and I enjoy seeing it.
-Sound system sounds really good to my non-audiophile ears.
-Yes, the stuff in the Toy Box can be silly, but I really like having them around. I mean, what other car has a megaphone you can use to get your son's attention while picking him up at a parking lot? LOL!

Anyway, there are probably more things I like about the car, but I've just found it to be incredibly well suited to me.

I got my MYP 3 days ago. No complaints!

It was delivered directly to my house
The delivery guy was very nice
The delivery guy was on time
The paperwork was about as minimal as they could possibly get it
The car was clean (it's been raining a lot here, that's hard to do)
I could not find any paint imperfections
I could not find any interior imperfections
I did find one slightly odd panel gap, but it's not bad and I only saw it because I was looking for it
Everything I expected is there (AMD CPU, double-pane front windows, rear door PPF, front mudguards, etc)

Basically, everything went perfect on delivery day (OK, before delivery day I might have a few gripes - but balanced by the ease of the online ordering process and avoiding dealers) and I'm really happy with the car.

PXL_20220317_201700057.jpg

My previous 6 Teslas all had great delivery days too. And fantastic ownership experiences - each has been a joy to drive, and very easy to live with. I generally don't feel material goods are important to happiness, but I prefer my life since I went electric - I love these cars. My wife and I have put 272,000 miles on Teslas so far, and they have never let us down.

My last one was a 2018 M3P that I had for over 3.5 years, and from delivery day until we parted ways 3 days ago, I had absolutely zero issues with it. (In fact I couldn't bear to get rid of it completely - my father has it now).

Tesla (cars and company) are definitely not perfect. Some aspects I find highly annoying, and I have considered leaving the brand. But I didn't, because they are balanced by other, unique aspects. No other car or company is perfect either; to me the best indicator (that encapsulates all the things that get so much focus - charging lines, build quality, warranty coverage, EDD changes, price changes, etc) is customer satisfaction. Tesla is tops there. You might avoid a Tesla-specific problem and, say, get perfect panel gaps if you go with another brand...but overall, you are likely (statistically; no guarantees for any individual) to be less happy with your purchase.

It's kind of like getting married. You'll never find a perfect person that never annoys you; the secret is to find someone with enough good qualities that you are happy to live with their quirks. In a different thread I could make plenty of complaints about Tesla, but despite that - for now, at least - they are definitely the cars that I want to be driving.

Last edited:
I picked up my new MYLR last week at Corte Madera and I was so conditioned to expect problems that I was frustrated I couldn't find any. After accepting the car and completing all the "paperwork" and making the payment via the app I had my first words with a human since ordering the car on my phone. She said the quality of the build has gone way up since the Y first came out. The Corte Madera delivery center also did a great job. The car was spotless inside and out.

I agree with everything stated in the previous posts, particularly the guiding hand comment. The quickness is amazing. No pause, no turbo lag, just power.

Two quibbles.

1) the sound system may indeed be great, but the quality of the streaming service over the air is not good. The only way to get music from phone to car is via bluetooth,. It is crazy that the USB port won't do that, or that there is no data-capable USB in the center console. A minor thing, but a head scratcher on such a technically advanced car. Will probably invest in a SSD.

2) had my first episode of phantom braking today. Will need to keep an eye on it. Worked well on the freeway but not on two-lane roads.

But other than that, it is an awesome car. Different than any car I've ever owned, and awesome.

Reactions: Ormond
I've had my MYLR for about 1.5 months now. No complaints from me. I had mobile service come out to adjust the door striker as the drivers door stuck out about 1-2mm more than the passenger door. Everything else seems fine. This is by far the expensive car I've owned, and my point is that I have not previously owned very "high quality" cars such as Mercedes, BMW, etc. The MY's ride is also exactly as I expected. I knew it was a little stiff. However, my previous cars were actually more stiff so the MY feels a little softer to me. I've heard that prior to having the double-pane front windows, that the interior noise was loud at 70+ mph. My MY (with double-panes) seem fine to me at high speeds. Not whisper quiet like a Lexus but quieter than my other car, which is a 2008 Acura RDX.

Last edited:
There are many things I’ve liked about the Y: the quiet, smooth and powerful acceleration; the minimalist dashboard; the great sound system; the white interior; and much more. The things I thought might be problems: the overall build quality; the suspension; and the autopilot, have all been non-issues. It’s been great.
Same for me, I’m sure mine has a few imperfections but I haven’t spent time looking for them and they’ve never jumped out at me in my 13mo of ownership. Same goes for the ‘18 M3 I had before it.

One thing I will add is the tech is incredible. So many convenience options. Everything related to Sentry Mode/Dash Cam. Not to mention you’ll never get into a very hot or a freezing cold car ever again.

We got our Y last June and it didn’t need a single thing done to it before taking delivery. A lot of people are turned off by Tesla’s “hands off, self serve” buying process, but we prefer it 1000 to 1 compared to the traditional “dealership” experience. In and out in under half an hour! We were (and still are) in awe of the car! We even traded in our other ICE car in November for a Model 3 because we were hooked. The performance is amazing, the updates keep things fresh, and driving is so much fun. We’ve had it in the shop for a couple pieces of trim that were coming loose, but nothing hugely mechanical that would prevent us from driving or enjoying it. Our first road trip was a breeze with it! Supercharging was easy and Autopilot makes driver fatigue a non-issue.

I’m an EV convert and think Tesla has a leg up on the competition with their car’s technology and their charging infrastructure.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
The whole point of a forum is to use it as one of many data points in making your informed decision. Yes, lots of folks go to forums to vent and complain. But you also can't dismiss widespread issues either. Focusing on just the good or bad is not productive.

You should leverage multiple sources, such as:
  • Forum comments
  • Independent & professional reviews
  • Multiple extended test drives
  • Reliability & Owner Satisfaction Data (e.g., Consumer Reports)
Armed with all of that information, you can easily weigh what is important to you. Will this vehicle meet your top requirements? Make your choice, enjoy whatever you go with, no regrets.

Here's one for you.

Took some friends to a ride the other day. 5 people, 4 bikes (over-capacity of the hitch rack for this short drive), a bunch of gear and lunch. The car was loaded down and had a ton of drag from the bikes off the back.

I pulled out onto the highway and I was still able to accelerate hard enough to get laughs and comments from the guys in the back seat.

I've had my MY LR about 4 weeks. Honestly, all of the complaints that I read about phantom braking made me hesitant to buy it. Most of my driving is on local roads and state highways. I've been using Auto Pilot a bit - it works pretty well and I haven't experienced phantom braking yet. Auto-steering makes me a bit nervous on smaller curvy roads, but I do realize it's not intended for such roads. Today was my longest drive since owning this car and part of that drive covered 80 miles on New Jersey's I287. I usually HATE driving on this Insterstate, but today I used Auto Pilot for most of those 80 miles, and OMG it was a pleasure driving - instead being tensed up, it was almost relaxing. Auto Pilot worked perfectly.