Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Complaints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I am soon to be a MYLR owner, I would really like to know about the good the Model Y has given to many thus far who have taken delivery. While reading a thread earlier a TMC member said to another member, if you read every post on any Tesla forum, why would you buy a Tesla! He's right, alot of complaints, IMO.....So, can we please post all of the good things you have experienced from your Model Y, starting with delivery, ease of charging, ease of driving etc.....I'm taking my Fremont delivery when my date is set. I don't care about the battery, (2170/4680), dual pane glass, 12v battery, heated wipers.
Just want the positive experiences and let's (as consumers ourselves) get more people to buy a Tesla....

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
People come to forums to find out what is wrong with a car and complain about issues they are having. People look for cool ideas and helpful fixes for anything and everything. Aftermarket stuff, help in operation not to mention tips and tricks. Not many toot their horn claiming everything is perfect on any forum as this is not what they are for. No matter what forum you go to, there are nothing but issues posted.

Bottom line is Tesla has the most experience of all EV makers combined, go try one and if you like the experience then buy one. You will get all the info right here on all you need when it comes to on road charging, home charging setups and effects of weather conditions that you should be aware of which goes for all brands. You will learn tires wear out faster on EVs and a bunch of other stuff that differ in many ways from ice vehicles.

I took delivery of my Y about 19 months ago, had few issues comparable to other vehicles I have had in the past. Like the experience so much I purchased and S about a year later and am still loving every minute of it.

Last edited:
Bought a MYP FSD close to 2 years ago and my only complaint is not doing it sooner. I always take forums with a huge grain of salt. Few will hang out just to say they love their car. I would actually wager a large percentage of negative posters have an agenda to deflate the growth of Tesla as they are without a doubt the king of the hill.

I've had my MYLR for 1 month, and so far, I love it. No real problems to speak of. There's a lot that's just different than any other car and it takes some getting used to - mostly I mean that everything is done with the big touchscreen or voice commands - no buttons or dials, but you already know that. I've read so much about phantom braking, but I haven't seen that yet. Sometimes the car slows down a little but when I wouldn't have, but not to the point where I'd consider it a problem. I love driving the thing, I love home charging, I love all of the choices of audio (FM, Spotify, TuneIn, Slacker, USB), I'm using Auto Pilot a lot more than I thought I would, I think it works amazingly well. There are a few things I don't like, but nothing that makes me regret getting this car.

I've had my MYLR for 1 month, and so far, I love it. No real problems to speak of. There's a lot that's just different than any other car and it takes some getting used to - mostly I mean that everything is done with the big touchscreen or voice commands - no buttons or dials, but you already know that. I've read so much about phantom braking, but I haven't seen that yet. Sometimes the car slows down a little but when I wouldn't have, but not to the point where I'd consider it a problem. I love driving the thing, I love home charging, I love all of the choices of audio (FM, Spotify, TuneIn, Slacker, USB), I'm using Auto Pilot a lot more than I thought I would, I think it works amazingly well. There are a few things I don't like, but nothing that makes me regret getting this car.
What things did you not like?

What things did you not like?
The original poster wants to hear good things about the car so I'd rather not derail this thread. The things I don't like are pretty minor and I might just need more time to get used to the car as I've only had it for 4 weeks.

To add to the things I like - the delivery process could not have been any easier, and so different that a traditional car dealer: On delivery day, I was texted the instructions: 1. download the app 2. find the car with your name on the dashboard 3. click Accept Delivery in the app 4. get in the car, sign delivery documents and hand the to the Tesla representative inside. 5. drive off with your new car. It was so simple!

It would just be nice to know that someone received a Tesla, no panel gaps, no chipped paint, monitor works upon on delivery, all 4 doors close without any problems and continues to work. I do understand its technology and with that we encounter small bits of things being wrong! I just figured a positive thread wouldn't hurt. I'm absolutely positive the BIG 3 doesn't make a perfect car everytime? The only advantage to having a salesman present with you upon delivery is you n him/her can point out panel gaps etc.....On the spot.
I'm all in with Tesla, 100%!

There are many things I’ve liked about the Y: the quiet, smooth and powerful acceleration; the minimalist dashboard; the great sound system; the white interior; and much more. The things I thought might be problems: the overall build quality; the suspension; and the autopilot, have all been non-issues. It’s been great.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
It would just be nice to know that someone received a Tesla, no panel gaps, no chipped paint, monitor works upon on delivery, all 4 doors close without any problems and continues to work. I do understand its technology and with that we encounter small bits of things being wrong! I just figured a positive thread wouldn't hurt. I'm absolutely positive the BIG 3 doesn't make a perfect car everytime? The only advantage to having a salesman present with you upon delivery is you n him/her can point out panel gaps etc.....On the spot.
I have zero problem with mine when I took delivery this time last year. The only very minor thing I got mobile service to fix was the B pillar trims needed to be pushed in properly. I tried myself but the mobile service guy told me he had to bend/trim the metal tabs a little to get it engage. Known issue apparently.

There are many things I’ve liked about the Y: the quiet, smooth and powerful acceleration; the minimalist dashboard; the great sound system; the white interior; and much more. The things I thought might be problems: the overall build quality; the suspension; and the autopilot, have all been non-issues. It’s been great.
Thank you, @davidski......That's what I'm talking about!

Love my MYLR. Suspension is a bit harsh at times as well as some road noise (boominess). Other than that, it's perfect. I make up reasons to go out and drive.

Mine is very quiet on roads - Shanghai build - but my wife who doesn’t get excited about cars is now making up excuses to go for a drive. I’m the same. As soon as I get used to it I’ll be taking the roads on the West coast where the roads are quieter for fun.

Reactions: Dennisis
If you’ve never had a Tesla, the performance is going to blow you away.

When an ICE car accelerates even moderately, it feels like it’s working hard. The noise level and vibration goes way up. In a Tesla it feels effortless. It’s like getting swept along by a giant invisible hand. I’ve had other cars that perform well, but nothing like this feeling. And this is just the MYLR, not the Performance.

Storage is surprisingly good. Between the cargo area, the frunk, and the large area below the cargo area you can stash a *lot* of stuff. Back seat leg roof is monstrous and flat so the foot area is a lot more useful.

Everyone who rides in the back seat with you is going to comment on the roof. Seems like the one thing everyone notices.

Driving a Tesla breaks all your expectations of a normal car. So many things are automatic (mostly)
Car just opens and closes for you. Walk away and it locks (and optionally closes the windows). Return and it is open. (Mostly)
Climate and music usually start where you left them off.
Autopilot is A++ on divided highways and a solid A- on non-divided highways. One of my favorite features.

Not perfect, but far better than any other car I’ve driven.

100% from order to owner. Only suggestion I have is read the online manual! Amazed how many posts of concern or angst could be resolved by simply reading the manual. It’s a technology car beyond what most have ever owned. An evening read will make transition fairly seamless.

Reactions: Halldawg

We picked up our Y and the only issue was some PPF having a bubble and 2 tiny scuffs. These will be sorted at the SC.

Other than that the car has excellent fit and finish with lovely materials and the performance? The performance blows my pants off every time I hit the go faster pedal and my wife laughs and grins when she’s driving it. We love it and it’s the best practical performance car we’ve ever owned. Charging at home is the icing on the cake! No regrets from either of us.

100% from order to owner. Only suggestion I have is read the online manual! Amazed how many posts of concern or angst could be resolved by simply reading the manual. It’s a technology car beyond what most have ever owned. An evening read will make transition fairly seamless.
Absolutely, excellent recommendation. As my MYLR EDD approaches, I have definitely been browsing and reading everything I can about the Tesla. Fingers crossed that my Tesla experience goes flawless. Thanks for the input @Yelobird

Reactions: Yelobird
We picked up our Y and the only issue was some PPF having a bubble and 2 tiny scuffs. These will be sorted at the SC.

Other than that the car has excellent fit and finish with lovely materials and the performance? The performance blows my pants off every time I hit the go faster pedal and my wife laughs and grins when she’s driving it. We love it and it’s the best practical performance car we’ve ever owned. Charging at home is the icing on the cake! No regrets from either of us.
Very nice, getting my Tesla Wall Connector installed next week in preparation of delivery! Positive feed back from many will help people with the decision to go EV or ICE.....I've made my EV commitment

I had my MYP for 9 months and i had zero problems with the car.
The car is a little noisy because of the big tires and the weight of the car, the suspension is rough and with performance tires at 42 Psi it's not a smooth ride believe me. But i wouldn't drive anything else at the moment. Best car i ever owned and it will be very difficult not go with a next Tesla when im done with this one.