Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No contacts from phone on 2019.32.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone connects via bluetooth, but contacts don't show up on my Tesla screen. They
have always showed up on the Tesla screen in the past, and I view this feature as a very
important one.
Can play music from phone via bluetooth, can answer phone calls via the Tesla, can make
phone calls using the keypad on the Tesla's large screen, and can view my calendar from
my phone on the Tesla's large screen.
My phone is Galaxy S10+. Not positive that the problem started with 2019.32.11,
but pretty sure it started with the most recent update.
Any suggestions? Something that might require a service call?
Thanks
Mike
2018 Tesla MX

I had this issue with my Sony Xperia (prior to this update), after I paired I had to manually go into the bluetooth settings for the car on the phone and manually allow contacts even if I selected it during pairing.
And I had to scroll down to actually see the allow contacts thing.. you can start looking there.

Last edited:
In the past the issue was related to uncommon characters in your contact list. I think the offending character for me was the ampersand &. Since updating to v10, my contacts haven't been showing up so it appears something else in my contact list is making it croak. People with small amount of contacts, I suggest editing your list to see if that fixes the problem. I haven't gotten around looking at my contacts again.

iOS 13 has the new Bluetooth permissions to let you know of apps that used BT when you didn’t know about it in the past. Also the first time they did connect If you didn’t click on allow, it’s difficult to correct.

Here best method as noted is go the media section (music button) and remove and re-add the phone. Takes about ten seconds. Then you’ll see any pop ups for permissions. It should also have the options for contacts, etc there also.

iOS 13 has the new Bluetooth permissions to let you know of apps that used BT when you didn’t know about it in the past. Also the first time they did connect If you didn’t click on allow, it’s difficult to correct.
I'm pretty sure it didn't ask. If that was the case, then why does my Model S that doesn't have v10 still work yet the problem was only persistent with the Model 3 until I did the workaround.

Mine was not working either. Go to Bluetooth settings in phone and make sure share contacts is marked. Also went to car under phone settings and then toggled share contacts from on to off then back on and then finally uploaded. Hope this helps.

Mine was not working either. Go to Bluetooth settings in phone and make sure share contacts is marked. Also went to car under phone settings and then toggled share contacts from on to off then back on and then finally uploaded. Hope this helps.
Yeah, there’s something wonky with the new software on both sides. This will fix it as well as just starting over (remove/re-add phone).

Last edited:
Everyone seems to be talking about how the contacts do not sync -- that has not been my problem, generally speaking. However, I have the following problem: all of my contacts live on my computer (Mac) and iPad, but only a small selection of contacts live on my iPhone (X). When i sync contacts to the Model X, all of my contacts come over, eventhough there is a small subset on the iPhone. Does anyone know why?

Everyone seems to be talking about how the contacts do not sync -- that has not been my problem, generally speaking. However, I have the following problem: all of my contacts live on my computer (Mac) and iPad, but only a small selection of contacts live on my iPhone (X). When i sync contacts to the Model X, all of my contacts come over, eventhough there is a small subset on the iPhone. Does anyone know why?
They are probably all on the your iPhone, but that you have only one group selected for display on the iPhone. Check "Groups" in the top-left on the Contacts display.

My phone connects via bluetooth, but contacts don't show up on my Tesla screen. They
have always showed up on the Tesla screen in the past, and I view this feature as a very
important one.
Can play music from phone via bluetooth, can answer phone calls via the Tesla, can make
phone calls using the keypad on the Tesla's large screen, and can view my calendar from
my phone on the Tesla's large screen.
My phone is Galaxy S10+. Not positive that the problem started with 2019.32.11,
but pretty sure it started with the most recent update.
Any suggestions? Something that might require a service call?
Thanks
Mike
2018 Tesla MX
Is this still happening it is for me! Every time I get into the car my contacts are not downloaded or loaded and that means I cannot make phone calls or send text hands-free it is so incredibly irritating