Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Credit for Model S owner on Model 3 Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help please. I own a Model S (18 months) and ordered a Model 3 on day 1. Unfortunately I didn't use the same email address when I ordered the Model 3 (home vs work email). I noticed my Model 3 order wasn't showing up in my account so I contacted them about 4 months ago to get fixed, they quickly fixed it and I thought all is good, both cars show up on my account.

Come launch day, I look at the delivery estimator and find that my delivery is estimated to be a month later from a freind of mines, who bought on day one also but doesn't own a Tesla. I have called Tesla 3 times in the last month talking to three different people who all say they will fix and get back to me. None of them have gotten back to me other than an email while on the phone with their contact info, no response to emails, no updates and nobody answering their phones or voice mails.

What can I do to get this fixed?

Thank You:)

Help please. I own a Model S (18 months) and ordered a Model 3 on day 1. Unfortunately I didn't use the same email address when I ordered the Model 3 (home vs work email). I noticed my Model 3 order wasn't showing up in my account so I contacted them about 4 months ago to get fixed, they quickly fixed it and I thought all is good, both cars show up on my account.

Come launch day, I look at the delivery estimator and find that my delivery is estimated to be a month later from a freind of mines, who bought on day one also but doesn't own a Tesla. I have called Tesla 3 times in the last month talking to three different people who all say they will fix and get back to me. None of them have gotten back to me other than an email while on the phone with their contact info, no response to emails, no updates and nobody answering their phones or voice mails.

"Nobody answering their phones"? Just as is the case with any business you need you keep after them. I'm not saying you aren't trying but I have had many dealings with various Tesla contacts both local and the home base in Fremont and "nobody answering phones" has ever been my experience. When those of us who are current owners living much closer to Fremont start reporting that the configurator is open to them, that would be a good time for a Minnesotan to get revved up, not now.

i have the same issue but from a different cause. i was able to speak to someone at tesla and she said it was a problem on their system that will be fixed by the end of the week. that was... over a month ago and the delivery estimate is still dec-feb. oh well...

What's one month when you've already waited 2 years?

Reactions: melindav
I have had the same issue although mine is because Tesla messed up originally. When I purchased my Model S last Nov, the rep inadvertently typed in my name and email address incorrectly and I had it corrected by the next day. When I showed up to take delivery late Dec they told me that the car was not there and they had sent an email (To wrong address) to tell me it was delayed. When they did deliver 3 days later, the paperwork still had my name and email address wrong and had to be redone for registration. After delivery, the app didn't work (still wrong email address) another month to fix (Jan). Had to get service about 3 months later (Apr), appointment email still sent to wrong address and another attempt to fix. About a month later, needed additional statement from Tesla for CA rebate and the rep kept sending paperwork to wrong address even after I gave him the correct address, CA employee that received the doc had to send me my own paperwork, another attempt to fix (May). Delivery dates start appearing, dates still wrong with being owner, called and although both show up in same account, was told that the system did not recognize my owner status and was now fully fixed (Jul) and wait a week. It has been over a month with 2 other calls assuring it is fixed but, I am still not sure, they have assured me it should reflect soon but still hasn't. It still shows both the Model 3 and Model S in same account but I am still getting expected delivery dates associated with non-owner.

Huh, that is strange since you're MidWest and I think they have one of the latest date ranges for US buyers. The Nov-Jan is the date range for 1st day in store reservation holders in California.
I'm fairly sure it's Oct-Dec for big battery and Dec-Feb for small battery for current owners in CA, the same as what we in AZ are quoted. This poster wants the small battery in MN before 2018. Slim and none would seem like a good bet for even the big battery in MN. I'll be surprised if my big battery is delivered in AZ before December.

Baja, the more information you can give us, the more accurate our speculation can be.
What Battery size gives you the Jan-Feb delivery estimate? And, where is your friend located (also MN?)?

If the dates are in error due to you giving them the wrong email, the best I can suggest is to keep calling them. When they say they will fix it, ask "when". If they don't fix it by that date, call back and ask for their supervisor. Keep repeating until you get it fixed, or get lunch with Elon;)

On the other hand, if you are ordering the smaller battery pack, RWD, your date sounds pretty much inline with what most people are seeing. If your friend isn't on the west coast, he got lucky. Be happy for him:)

Baja, the more information you can give us, the more accurate our speculation can be.
What Battery size gives you the Jan-Feb delivery estimate? And, where is your friend located (also MN?)?

If the dates are in error due to you giving them the wrong email, the best I can suggest is to keep calling them. When they say they will fix it, ask "when". If they don't fix it by that date, call back and ask for their supervisor. Keep repeating until you get it fixed, or get lunch with Elon;)

On the other hand, if you are ordering the smaller battery pack, RWD, your date sounds pretty much inline with what most people are seeing. If your friend isn't on the west coast, he got lucky. Be happy for him:)

My delivery estimates from Tesla
First Production - Jan - Mar 2018
Standard Battery - Mar - May 2018
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive - Sep - Nov 2018

My friend lives in Minnesota, about 12 miles from me. We both ordered day one but he doesn't own a Tesla, I do.
Hockeythug (post 10) estimate is Nov-Jan for first production and Jan-March for base. Non-owner living in Minnesota.

I clearly am not getting the benefit of being a Tesla owner, Tesla has acknowledged that much, they just don't know how or who can fix it, been over a month now.

• Informative
Reactions: jerjozwik