Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Cruise Control, Location Not Changing, Black Rearview Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was updated to the lastest 32.x firmware sometime last week and everything was fine. I haven't driven the car all weekend. Driving to work this morning I notice I can't use cruise control at all. There is no set point (the gray colored numbers above the avatar) and when I press down to engage cruise it says cruise is not available.

Also, I noticed that my car thinks I'm still at home, and so does the app...even though I drive almost 8 miles to work. The app also thinks my car hasn't left home yet.

Finally, when backing into the parking spot, the rear camera display came up but it is black screen. The lines are there but no camera display.

I tried rebooting the car via the two thumbwheels and also tried it while holding the brake pedal.

What should I do next?

Joshua

What number do you recommend? I don't have good luck getting in touch with anyone at Tesla right away.

I've always just called the main service number, I think it's the same as the Tesla roadside number which you can find by clicking the Tesla T at the top of the screen and then clicking where it says Tesla Roadside (can't remember where it is on the screen off the top of my head). There's a little menu you'll have to go through when you call, but I've always been able to reach someone from service through that.

I was updated to the lastest 32.x firmware sometime last week and everything was fine. I haven't driven the car all weekend. Driving to work this morning I notice I can't use cruise control at all. There is no set point (the gray colored numbers above the avatar) and when I press down to engage cruise it says cruise is not available.

Also, I noticed that my car thinks I'm still at home, and so does the app...even though I drive almost 8 miles to work. The app also thinks my car hasn't left home yet.

Finally, when backing into the parking spot, the rear camera display came up but it is black screen. The lines are there but no camera display.

I tried rebooting the car via the two thumbwheels and also tried it while holding the brake pedal.

What should I do next?

Joshua
i was going to suggest soft/hard reboot but you already tried that. i recently went through an issue where the car thought it was still night time, even though the clock clearly said it was not (it had the correct time). the screen was in night mode, the headlights were on and it was daylight. none of the cruise/other controls worked properly. a restart corrected this, but still not sure WHY it happened.

i was going to suggest soft/hard reboot but you already tried that. i recently went through an issue where the car thought it was still night time, even though the clock clearly said it was not (it had the correct time). the screen was in night mode, the headlights were on and it was daylight. none of the cruise/other controls worked properly. a restart corrected this, but still not sure WHY it happened.

Ahh...the joys of software controlled cars. I still love the car, but keep an analog around for those times when I need to drive “disconnected”.

I went to lunch and the car was normal... no clue what happened.

The car did a reset when it went to sleep. There’s something different that happens when the car goes to sleep, that can’t be replicated by the two button resets or power off in the menu. After swapping out to my new summer set earlier this year, I was having issues with the new tpms registering. Numerous 2 button reset and powering off didn’t do anything. I went in for dinner and tried it one more time and within minutes the new tpms registered....no mess/fuss.

• Informative
Reactions: Bloomj