Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Cruise control, no automatic pilot available???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Sisters and Brothers Please help me,

I have had my Tesla Y about five weeks. Last night it updated the software. Cruise control was working fine and now it is not available.
This was my week to start using autopilot before my mini-road trip from Salinas to LA Jolla Next week. But autopilot is not available. I have never tried to use it before today so I have no idea if it has never been available.

I have FSD and road preview is still there.

Is this normal after an update?
Did I touch something I should not have ?

I am perplexed and the only way Tesla will help me is if I file a service report.

If this is something easily solved I’d like to know how.

Thanks

yep - reboot. If still not working disable sentry mode and tesla cam (i.e. remove USB if using it to record) and wait up to 12-24 hrs. If still no go, might need service. make sure car is not too dirty (cameras blocked with dirt)

I would try a reboot. I received an update yesterday but have not yet tried to use AP or FSD.
Ok so reboot options 1 and 3 do nothing. I am trying option 4 again. First time after five minutes I could still hear car. Now I am waiting a full 10 minutes.
I don’t see how the sensors and cameras would have gotten dirty sitting over night in the driveway, but I will clean them in the morning and test again. Thx

Some info, back on June some folks had the same issue I am having and no amount of rebooting fixed it. People had to open a service request and have the update sent to them again and all was fine.

I have a Model S Plaid received recent update and same problem. I have car going in for service. Dash camera doesn't work (sentry does). Basic cruise and autopilot are "unavailable." After car sleeps it works for a few miles then craps out again. I have since removed the USB stick so far okay but haven't had chance to test extensively. WIll report back if I hear anything. I tried power down car and the double press of the wheel buttons to no avail.

EDIT: See screenshot no cruise icon or autopilot on right and the car doesn't see the other vehicles or traffic lights on road when it fails. It's weird though because when I sit at a light and it turns green I get the chime for green light so the car obviously sees what's going on it's just being glitchy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811-195430.png
    Screenshot_20210811-195430.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
I have a Model S Plaid received recent update and same problem. I have car going in for service. Dash camera doesn't work (sentry does). Basic cruise and autopilot are "unavailable." After car sleeps it works for a few miles then craps out again. I have since removed the USB stick so far okay but haven't had chance to test extensively. WIll report back if I hear anything. I tried power down car and the double press of the wheel buttons to no avail.

EDIT: See screenshot no cruise icon or autopilot on right and the car doesn't see the other vehicles or traffic lights on road when it fails. It's weird though because when I sit at a light and it turns green I get the chime for green light so the car obviously sees what's going on it's just being glitchy.
So The update was reinstalled this morning and I just finished a drive. Everything is back to normal now. Ask for a reinstall as it should correct everything.

It went haywire after the reinstall?

It's at service center now but I'm beyond pissed 600 miles and car pretty much doesn't function....I'm fairly certain it was after software flash because I drove it 250 miles first day across state back home and none of these issues popped up. Then there was an update available I flashed....

Searching around the forum the Model 3/Y cars had similar issues a while ago was either firmware bad flash or a steering column sensor loose or failure. Less likely also listed cold weather and bad 12V well I'm in Florida and it's a brand new car which goes against those ideas. I guess I'll see they gave me a 100D locked into chill mode for now. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Plaid-Failures.jpg
    Plaid-Failures.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 63