Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No data in app after power outage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a power outage last week and after power was restored the Tesla app shows no energy usage data. This is for a solar system only, no PW. Panels are functioning and feeding the house and grid. Initially, the real time graph was displaying data which looks correct. With no change after a day and a half, I called Tesla and they had me power cycle the inverter and gateway, I already did previously but did it again for them to monitor for 24 hours. This time I lost all data, real time and energy usage. That was Friday, of course nothing over the weekend from the SA. Logging into the Solaredge inverter, it says Zigbee is communicating but blue led on the inverter is off and the gateway reads "no signal".

Anyone has similar issue? Thinking this is a gateway/Tesla software issue.

When my system was initially installed last year, I got no data for a month, then magically a couple days before a tech was scheduled to come out, the data appeared in the app. Tech did come out and said everything was fine. Hoping they resolve this faster than a month.

Same here after a recent power loss (thanks Henri). Tesla customer care said I was not "registered" in their system.. so they registered again - no success in the App. Of course that followed with a couple days of power cycles - no data in the app still.
Did your issue get fixed? If so, how?

any updates from @ai_3 or @chrysalis? We had an extended power outage at the end of 2021, and I've had no data in the app since then. Technician came out and had no idea what had gone wrong, and we're going on a full month of no data in the app (although it shows "current generation" in kW, so something's communicating...). Service has been less than helpful just saying "there's a case open" with no updates...

Had a power outage last week and after power was restored the Tesla app shows no energy usage data. This is for a solar system only, no PW. Panels are functioning and feeding the house and grid. Initially, the real time graph was displaying data which looks correct. With no change after a day and a half, I called Tesla and they had me power cycle the inverter and gateway, I already did previously but did it again for them to monitor for 24 hours. This time I lost all data, real time and energy usage. That was Friday, of course nothing over the weekend from the SA. Logging into the Solaredge inverter, it says Zigbee is communicating but blue led on the inverter is off and the gateway reads "no signal".

Anyone has similar issue? Thinking this is a gateway/Tesla software issue.

When my system was initially installed last year, I got no data for a month, then magically a couple days before a tech was scheduled to come out, the data appeared in the app. Tech did come out and said everything was fine. Hoping they resolve this faster than a month.
Did you power cycle or reboot the black Tesla Zigbee gateway? I assume your system has one of those since you said it's a SolarEdge inverter.