Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No data in the app after PTO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I've had my net meter installed on Thursday and after the technician left I've turned on the solar panels (he said the PTO is just a paperwork thing and the system is already perfectly working).

Yesterday I've received the PTO from the local energy company (NVEnergy) and earlier this morning I've received the PTO text message from tesla.
Since the system was already running I've waited about 4 hours but the app still didn't show anything (just the tesla shop and tesla website link). I've tried to reboot the inverter by disconnecting everything and now after the initial 15 minutes (where the inverter creates its own wifi network) it connected back to my wifi and after one hour still no data.

If I go on the inverter IP address it shows the inverter image with part/serial numbers and a spinning icon (shouldn't it show a login form?).

Should I just wait more? I'm eager to get it to work since I've waited 5 months to have it installed :)

Yes I did, waited about 20 minutes and then after asking my address the lady said "oh you had PTO yesterday and have the tesla inverter, let me transfer you" and then I got the message saying the phone number is active mon-fri.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. I didnt know they may have a separate support for the tesla inverter. When you find out what that is, let us know.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. I didnt know they may have a separate support for the tesla inverter. When you find out what that is, let us know.
Just called again, decided to play dumb and said I've been disconnected for some reason, instead of saying I don't see data in my app I said I don't see my solar panels in the account and I wanted to make sure they're linked to it and there was no need to transfer anymore 😅 She linked the solar panels and a restart of the app fixed everything! Thanks for the phone # @jjrandorin!

Reactions: jjrandorin