Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No delivery before February/March

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered Dec 20, SR+, 19inch, Midnight Silver, Montreal(Canada)

contacted the closest service center for information a week later and was told not to expect delivery before March and maybe February If i'm lucky.

Anyone here had similar expected delivery(2-3 Months later) and ended up getting their same build way before?

Have to wonder if they spent so much effort and resources for the end-of-the-year push that they need time to regroup. Some of this probably has to do with the insane manufacturing/delivery push at the end of 2019 associated with the expiration of the tax credit in the US, coupled with the usual push to add sales at the end of the year just to make their numbers look good. I think it was a desperate sprint to the finish line, at least in the US.

Sounds correct. The first month of the quarter, all vehicles get shipped overseas. Those take the longest to ship to the customer, so the first vehicles of the quarter go overseas so they can get delivered to customers by the end of the quarter. Throughout the quarter, they shift the manufacturing focus to customers that are physically closer to the factory.

Blame this behavior on the fact that they are a public company and their vehicles only get counted as sold if they are delivered to a customer by the end of the quarters.

Sounds correct. The first month of the quarter, all vehicles get shipped overseas. Those take the longest to ship to the customer, so the first vehicles of the quarter go overseas so they can get delivered to customers by the end of the quarter. Throughout the quarter, they shift the manufacturing focus to customers that are physically closer to the factory.

Blame this behavior on the fact that they are a public company and their vehicles only get counted as sold if they are delivered to a customer by the end of the quarters.

This problem will eventually be solved in a year or two with the new European factory.

Yes. And the China factory has to be helping for M3 already. That is 1000/wk that no longer have to be made in the US and shipped to China.

I doubt that factory will help much. They’re still way behind in ROW. I wouldn’t expect much relief until the Germany factory is up and running in late 2020 (projected based on how quickly the China factory came online)

I doubt that factory will help much. They’re still way behind in ROW. I wouldn’t expect much relief until the Germany factory is up and running in late 2020 (projected based on how quickly the China factory came online)
Maybe not then. Some of us. including me, are beginning to think that as Tesla becomes more popular the demand continues to rise. After all geographic coverage is still quite limited worldwide, even in California. As local presence grows, Supercharger buildout, service centers and store grow the demand will grow more. I'll be surprised if quarter and year end pushes slow anytime in the next three years. Remember Model Y, Cybertruck, etc.

My next Tesla will, I hope, be delivered outside a rush. I have taken delivery in calm and in rush. Rush is exciting, calm is better service. Either way we do get superb products.

FWIW, I have waited a year or more to take delivery of multiple vehicles (cars, motorcycles, boats and airplanes). Waiting for a new Tesla is fine by me!

I don't think you can take the Chinese Gigafactory timeline and apply it to Germany. I remember years ago, there were stores of China building miles of new high speed rail per day. China definitely has a way of expediting things.

Reactions: DrtyJrze
FWIW, I have waited a year or more to take delivery of multiple vehicles (cars, motorcycles, boats and airplanes). Waiting for a new Tesla is fine by me!

Agree. Waiting for anything custom is a big part of the process. But I think this is a new experience for a lot of people used to buying off the lot. So either they’ll learn to exercise patience, buy something else, or be in the delivery section complaining, lol.