Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Device Connected Bluetooth Audio Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting intermittent (more than 50% of the time) "No Device Connected" in the Tesla Audio app when I get in the car. I have to go into the Bluetooth portion and manually connect my iPhone which is already listed as an option but just not actually connected. After that it shows up connected to use for music.
I have an iPhone 11 latest software as well as an Apple Watch Gen3 also on latest software (13.6 I think). I add the Apple Watch because Tesla has reported that there is a known issue/characteristic with Bluetooth and iPhones with multiple devices connected. Has anyone else experienced this? I have done some searching but haven't come across a lot in the forums.
I have Tesla tech out at my house troubleshooting and was impressed that he brought an iPhone and a Apple Watch to test with. I wanted to pose it to the forums in case there were tips to share when troubleshooting.
This has been happening for at least a year, it seemed to get worse over time though. I don't really have an idea as I have just been living with it but have now decided to see if I can get it working 100% since it has become somewhat dangerous as a lot of times I connect the the phone while I am driving which isn't ideal ( I know that part is on me, but when you get in you don't want to automatically have to check and add it before heading out then realize down the road that you want to listen to something).

Tesla Tech couldn't find anything, but my iPhone did reproduce the issue which was a relief that he could see it in action. They might replace the BT module in the armrest but not confirmed. Some more details.
Bluetooth Phone Key works great for me to unlock the car.
version 2020.24.6.9
2018 LR, RWD, Prem

Tesla Tech couldn't find anything, but my iPhone did reproduce the issue which was a relief that he could see it in action. They might replace the BT module in the armrest but not confirmed. Some more details.
Bluetooth Phone Key works great for me to unlock the car.
version 2020.24.6.9
2018 LR, RWD, Prem
Any update? I’ve been having this problem with increasing frequency, and it’s basically to the point now where it’s every single time I get in the car