Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No difference in noise between ICE and Electric!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jcstp

Feb 7, 2011
Belgium
Google Translate

Electric cars are not more dangerous for blind people than normal gasoline ones. At speeds below 30 km / h, there is hardly any measurable difference in the noise, according to a study by the Center of Automotive Research (CAR) at the University of Duisburg-Essen has revealed. The faster cars are on the road, tire noise superimposed on the engine sound - and these are available on electric cars too.

Last edited:
Too bad google can't translate that into "squirrel", because (don't worry, there's a happy ending) I almost squashed one as I was out on Saturday night, he just stood in the road and stared at me. I'd been driving about 25 with the top off and I was revelling in the silence. I didn't actually think to honk the horn... Anyway I made a complete stop; there was no other trafic. I just yelled at the little guy and he moved. But clearly he hadn't heard me. Around our area there are a lot of squirrels and enough deer that it is a problem so we'll have to be careful about that...

I almost hit a guy down who ran into the street with his head turned the other way, talking to friends. I know he didn't hear me, because when I swerved around him he looked at me and jumped like he'd seen a ghost. The street was exceptionally clean and smooth.

Driving out of my neighbourhood, I've actually had to sound the horn to shift birds off the road & out of the way...it's kind of surreal...

Too bad google can't translate that into "squirrel", because (don't worry, there's a happy ending) I almost squashed one as I was out on Saturday night, he just stood in the road and stared at me. I'd been driving about 25 with the top off and I was revelling in the silence. I didn't actually think to honk the horn... Anyway I made a complete stop; there was no other trafic. I just yelled at the little guy and he moved. But clearly he hadn't heard me. Around our area there are a lot of squirrels and enough deer that it is a problem so we'll have to be careful about that...

994Squirrel_Shoots_Back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, it's a good thing with deer. See EV versus ICE: Deer in the Headlights