Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No discount on 200+ mile showroom Model Y

Advice on what to do

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Was curious as to anyone’s experience negotiating or buying a showroom Tesla. The one they found has over 200 miles and has been a test drive car for 3 weeks now in the Bay Area. I am concerned they aren’t willing to provide any discount or concession, but our lease ends by Aug 10 and I believe new Model Y orders won’t be fulfilled until mid September. Anyone have any advice on whether it’s worth renting a car for a while to get a “newer” one or trying to negotiate this down?

Thanks,
Saevo

Hi all,

Was curious as to anyone’s experience negotiating or buying a showroom Tesla. The one they found has over 200 miles and has been a test drive car for 3 weeks now in the Bay Area. I am concerned they aren’t willing to provide any discount or concession, but our lease ends by Aug 10 and I believe new Model Y orders won’t be fulfilled until mid September. Anyone have any advice on whether it’s worth renting a car for a while to get a “newer” one or trying to negotiate this down?

Thanks,
Saevo

You may be surprised how fast they can deliver you a brand new car :) I see folks here getting it 1-2 weeks after ordering. It is definitely based on location, but you are BA, so the chances are good.

Thanks all, your points make a lot of sense. Even the dealer told me it’s probably better to wait for the delivery. There are some cheap Turo rentals out there so I think we’ll hold out and release the showroom unit. Especially if it could be ready in a few weeks it should be pretty manageable. :)

Reactions: Watts_Up
See if they will through in some accessories instead of coming down on price. When I bought my CPO Model X, it had 500 miles more on it that when I had bought it on Tesla's site. To make up for it, they threw in the Chademo adapter.

Hi all,

Thanks,
Saevo
If they sell you the test drive car at a discount, they'd have to replace the test drive car with a car they would otherwise sell at full price. That would not make sense for them.

Reactions: imola.zhp