Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No EDD. Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Long Range Model 3 in mid-March and both the Tesla app and website show no EDD.

I am attaching screenshots just to ask you, is this normal?

In the North American forum (M3LR waiting room) all users mention their EDD, but I can not see any on my screen. The only one I have is my RN (which I covered in the screenshots).

Attachments

• IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:42.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:42.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:44.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:44.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:45.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:45.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:47.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:47.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: hiroshiy
Based on experience in other countries, the Estimated Delivery Date is not always displayed and can come and go randomly. Also you will not be allocated a VIN until after your car is made and is being shipped to Japan, generally 2 to 3 weeks before delivery.
Tesla factories manufacture cars for overseas markets early in each quarter and then concentrate on local specification cars towards the end of each quarter. Other factors include the model Standard V Long Rang V Performance, colour, interior etc. So if you have just ordered your car it may not be scheduled to be made until Q2 but if you ordered last year you may be about to be contacted soon. Have a look at other threads such as Australian Model 3 waiting room and you will see that the website does not always work flawlessly but people do eventually get their cars.
The strange way that Tesla arranges it’s production is done to maxim the number of deliveries each quarter as Tesla don’t count a sale until the car is delivered to the customer.
Hope this helps.

Based on experience in other countries, the Estimated Delivery Date is not always displayed and can come and go randomly. Also you will not be allocated a VIN until after your car is made and is being shipped to Japan, generally 2 to 3 weeks before delivery.
Tesla factories manufacture cars for overseas markets early in each quarter and then concentrate on local specification cars towards the end of each quarter. Other factors include the model Standard V Long Rang V Performance, colour, interior etc. So if you have just ordered your car it may not be scheduled to be made until Q2 but if you ordered last year you may be about to be contacted soon. Have a look at other threads such as Australian Model 3 waiting room and you will see that the website does not always work flawlessly but people do eventually get their cars.
The strange way that Tesla arranges it’s production is done to maxim the number of deliveries each quarter as Tesla don’t count a sale until the car is delivered to the customer.
Hope this helps.
It's all clear except for the fact that my EDD never showed up. It doesn't come go randomly. It was never there, neither on the online website nor in the mobile app.

I've tried searching other threads and forums with no luck. I can't find any other buyers who are in the same situation.
🤔

Unless you get one from the inventory, I believe this is normal. You could email your Tesla Advisor. Most likely he/she will give you a generic answer.

This happened to me, I placed an order for a model 3 back in May 2020. Waited several months. There was no estimated delivery date.
The exact same spec showed up in the inventory. I canceled my previous order and bought the stock one. Keep checking the inventory if you want the car faster.

Took me a total of 4 weeks from the day I placed an order in mid Nov 2020 to pick up the car in Dec 2020.

Unless you get one from the inventory, I believe this is normal. You could email your Tesla Advisor. Most likely he/she will give you a generic answer.

This happened to me, I placed an order for a model 3 back in May 2020. Waited several months. There was no estimated delivery date.
The exact same spec showed up in the inventory. I canceled my previous order and bought the stock one. Keep checking the inventory if you want the car faster.

Took me a total of 4 weeks from the day I placed an order in mid Nov 2020 to pick up the car in Dec 2020.
I actually don't want to receive the car faster than expected. I've no problem with a month or two delay, if that's the case.
The problem is that unlike other buyers, my EDD never showed up. And I was wondering if this is normal. 🙄

When I ordered the car (mid-March), the order page said it would be delivered in 12-16 weeks. After I placed the order, I never received an EDD. I can't find it anywhere, both in the app and website.

I actually don't want to receive the car faster than expected. I've no problem with a month or two delay, if that's the case.
The problem is that unlike other buyers, my EDD never showed up. And I was wondering if this is normal. 🙄

When I ordered the car (mid-March), the order page said it would be delivered in 12-16 weeks. After I placed the order, I never received an EDD. I can't find it anywhere, both in the app and website.
I ordered mine this year and I've not seen an EDD ever on the app. I just assumed this to be normal.

Interesting. So maybe it's a Tesla Japan thing.
When have you received the car?

I haven't received it yet! Hoping to find out more info here.

My Twitter low detective skills lead me to believe that someone ordering around mid-Feb got received their car in late March but that was before the entire Russia situation in Ukraine and before the COVID outbreak in Shanghai.

If you ordered in mid March I only maybe beat you by a week or two.

I haven't received it yet! Hoping to find out more info here.

My Twitter low detective skills lead me to believe that someone ordering around mid-Feb got received their car in late March but that was before the entire Russia situation in Ukraine and before the COVID outbreak in Shanghai.

If you ordered in mid March I only maybe beat you by a week or two.
Yeah, right.

Here you can find the Teskas order spreadsheet, so you can compare your situation with other buyers: モデル3納車進捗チェッカー
I've added some notes in case you don't understand Japanese.

Some mid-February orders were among the last cars delivered (end of March). After that, we're all in the same Ukraine/Shangai boat.
No VIN assigned after the 14th of February. On average, in Japan, the car is delivered one month / one month and half after the VIN is assigned.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.24.19.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.24.19.png
    405.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Yeah, right.

Here you can find the Teskas order spreadsheet, so you can compare your situation with other buyers: モデル3納車進捗チェッカー
I've added some notes in case you don't understand Japanese.

Some mid-February orders were among the last cars delivered (end of March). After that, we're all in the same Ukraine/Shangai boat.
No VIN assigned after the 14th of February. On average, in Japan, the car is delivered one month / one month and half after the VIN is assigned.

Oh you definitely know a lot more than I do! Thank you so much for the link!

Is that list done from people who volunteer their information? (forgive my ignorance).

Seems we'll all need to be a bit more patient for now, but still curious to hear about @hiroshiy 's 3.5 year wait!

If you don't mind one question, how does "Design locked" look from the website/app perspective? or is there no change and it's internal?

Oh you definitely know a lot more than I do! Thank you so much for the link!

Is that list done from people who volunteer their information? (forgive my ignorance).

Seems we'll all need to be a bit more patient for now, but still curious to hear about @hiroshiy 's 3.5 year wait!

If you don't mind one question, how does "Design locked" look from the website/app perspective? or is there no change and it's internal?

Finally I get to offer someone some tips :D I was on the other side until now.

This (circled in red) is what the "design locked" looks like on the website: Basically, it means you've completed the first two steps.

Until then, you can still change the configuration of your car.

The list was created by people who provided their information on the Japanese forum Teskas, yes.

I think Hiroshi's 3.5 year wait refers to the Model 3 itself being available in Japan. I don't think he actually waited 3.5 years for his order. I'm okay with a delay of 1-2 or even e months... 3 years is a bit too much :D

Let's keep in touch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 16.33.07.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 16.33.07.png
    439.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 16.34.54.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 16.34.54.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 90
Finally I get to offer someone some tips :D I was on the other side until now.

This (circled in red) is what the "design locked" looks like on the website: Basically, it means you've completed the first two steps.

Until then, you can still change the configuration of your car.

The list was created by people who provided their information on the Japanese forum Teskas, yes.

I think Hiroshi's 3.5 year wait refers to the Model 3 itself being available in Japan. I don't think he actually waited 3.5 years for his order. I'm okay with a delay of 1-2 or even e months... 3 years is a bit too much :D

Let's keep in touch.
Thank you so much for the help!

I guess not much to do except wait, but hopefully we'll all get our orders sorted soon.

Yeah I though Hiroshi meant that too, but the timing seemed funny and that it might suggest the longest-running wait time on record for a Tesla Model 3 lol

Thank you so much for the help!

I guess not much to do except wait, but hopefully we'll all get our orders sorted soon.

Yeah I though Hiroshi meant that too, but the timing seemed funny and that it might suggest the longest-running wait time on record for a Tesla Model 3 lol
I'm just writing to let you know that the SA contacted me today and says the car is being produced.

He said that soon I'll receive the documents. Usually the VIN is assigned shortly after.

In the email he wrote that if they keep the current pace, my car will be delivered by the end of June.

You should get the same message soon if you haven't already.

UPDATE: I've just checked my account once again. The VIN was assigned.

Black Model 3 Long Range, 19" Sport Wheels, ordered on March 17th.

Last edited:
I'm just writing to let you know that the SA contacted me today and says the car is being produced.

He said that soon I'll receive the documents. Usually the VIN is assigned shortly after.

In the email he wrote that if they keep the current pace, my car will be delivered by the end of June.

You should get the same message soon if you haven't already.

UPDATE: I've just checked my account once again. The VIN was assigned.

Black Model 3 Long Range, 19" Sport Wheels, ordered on March 17th.
Congratulations!

Good to hear that things are moving on the Shanghai factory, mine is also long range but White instead.

Fingers crossed soon, but great news to hear there is a date to aim for now!

Reactions: nishinari
Congratulations!

Good to hear that things are moving on the Shanghai factory, mine is also long range but White instead.

Fingers crossed soon, but great news to hear there is a date to aim for now!
It seems they are prioritizing the Black Long Range orders.
While most people can't wait to get their car, right now I'm hoping there'll be a slight delay since I won't be in Japan until the end of June.
I hope they'll be flexible enough to wait a few days...

It seems they are prioritizing the Black Long Range orders.
While most people can't wait to get their car, right now I'm hoping there'll be a slight delay since I won't be in Japan until the end of June.
I hope they'll be flexible enough to wait a few days...
Fingers crossed for you.

I imagine that they maybe just started there rather than prioritising, but either way my car is hopefully coming in the next couple of months.