Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No electric roof?

wenkan

Dec 31, 2018
Seattle
According to the die cast model there seems no room for electric convertible mechanism in roadster 2020. The driver have to manually remove the roof and stow it in the trunk. Just like C8 base model.

This seems a little bit below the average for a 200k supercar, but it does bring more confidence on setting a lap record on the ring.

felixtb

RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4
Jan 14, 2011
Lausanne, CH
According to the die cast model there seems no room for electric convertible mechanism in roadster 2020. The driver have to manually remove the roof and stow it in the trunk. Just like C8 base model.

This seems a little bit below the average for a 200k supercar, but it does bring more confidence on setting a lap record on the ring.

Koenigsegg is quite a supercar and has no electric roof...…….. and is just a tad more expensive...… just saying.

Reactions: Jason

wenkan

Dec 31, 2018
Seattle
Koenigsegg is quite a supercar and has no electric roof...…….. and is just a tad more expensive...… just saying.
Yeah if you go to the 1M and above range then this becomes pretty normal. Hypercars like 918 and LaFerrari all have manual roof.

But at 200k I would expect the more comparable models are R8, 488/F8, Huracan or Mclaren 570s/720s. They all have electric convertible roof. If you buy a 200k car, you want to look cool.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod

wenkan

Dec 31, 2018
Seattle
If I have the choice, I would rather use falcon wing doors on tesla’s supercar (“not a roadster”), which looks way cooler.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC