Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Enhanced Summon on my 3P+ 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? I saw an article on May about a 20.0 version testing it. So it’s not available yet for everyone?

Thanks for saving 10minutes with tesla support.

Still in testing - not turned on for us schlubs yet. Don't assume that because your firmware is a higher revision, that you've got it. They're on a different, parallel development train ...

Where did you see you should have it? No one has it outside of early access.
Tesla.com order page has claimed that it is currently available for about six months now.
C1E5EC8B-0009-4820-B586-D93CAE0F9A48.jpeg

Really? I saw an article on May about a 20.0 version testing it. So it’s not available yet for everyone?

Thanks for saving 10minutes with tesla support.
Please don’t drive Tesla crazy with firmware requests. Even when it starts rolling out it rolls out in batches typically. You might be in the first batch or you might wait a couple of months. You’ll get it when you get it. A hundred posts will pop up with the firmware version and what it contains. No surprises.

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I have rookie question can summon work with smart phone with no network/cellular connection?

No, Summon does not work in that case. Just found out last night when I actually had a use case for Summon, three levels down in a parking garage. No dice.

Makes it more of a gimmick, as I would imagine this is not uncommon. Deep parking garages have robust concrete pillars that are good to avoid!

I exited and entered over the center console instead. Very convenient. Could have backed in as an alternate solution but that was not my original plan, so at that point exiting via the passenger door was simpler.

My cars average update time right now is two weeks, longest time is 30 days. 23 updates in 13 months.
So worst case, next month it will be one version, maybe two versions further along.
Basically, take a chill pill with the lying accusations. You’ll get the updates and extra features.

My cars average update time right now is two weeks, longest time is 30 days. 23 updates in 13 months.
So worst case, next month it will be one version, maybe two versions further along.
Basically, take a chill pill with the lying accusations. You’ll get the updates and extra features.
.....So you are saying that by the time a get a good class action lawsuit going with a $15 per person payout it will be futile?:eek::D

No, Summon does not work in that case. Just found out last night when I actually had a use case for Summon, three levels down in a parking garage. No dice.

Makes it more of a gimmick, as I would imagine this is not uncommon. Deep parking garages have robust concrete pillars that are good to avoid!

I exited and entered over the center console instead. Very convenient. Could have backed in as an alternate solution but that was not my original plan, so at that point exiting via the passenger door was simpler.
Back and forth summon with fob doesn’t need cell signal.

Why should he take a “chill pill” with the lying accusation? If not lying in what is it?
I love my car and Tesla as company so far has been good to me, but doesn’t mean that we should accept everything.
Please note: it would be easy for the company to change the screen to “available in the future”.

Reactions: notAnExpert