Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Firmware 8.0 yet....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the Tesla owner community!

With 8.0, Tesla appears to be following the same release strategy as previous releases.

New software releases are trickled out to a small number of cars, in a seemingly random order.

Tesla encounters one or more major bugs and suspends distribution.

Tesla fixes the problem(s) and restarts distribution.

With previous releases, some owners were able to force getting the new release early by driving to a service center - a loophole that appears to have been closed for 8.0.

With this release distribution strategy, it's possible some owners may not get a new release for weeks or months after it is first made available.

It's unclear this strategy will satisfy Tesla's increasingly expanding owner community (especially when the Model 3 is released), and they will hopefully be making the needed improvements in their software development and testing process to make software distribution smoother for future releases.

Welcome to the Tesla owner community!

With 8.0, Tesla appears to be following the same release strategy as previous releases.

New software releases are trickled out to a small number of cars, in a seemingly random order.

Tesla encounters one or more major bugs and suspends distribution.

Tesla fixes the problem(s) and restarts distribution.

With previous releases, some owners were able to force getting the new release early by driving to a service center - a loophole that appears to have been closed for 8.0.

With this release distribution strategy, it's possible some owners may not get a new release for weeks or months after it is first made available.

It's unclear this strategy will satisfy Tesla's increasingly expanding owner community (especially when the Model 3 is released), and they will hopefully be making the needed improvements in their software development and testing process to make software distribution smoother for future releases.

Thanks for the welcome! So happy to be driving a Tesla. My commute is so much easier now. Given all of the issues I'm reading about with 8.0, I guess I'm not in that much of a hurry.

Reactions: Lex
Getting a little impatient! LOL.....
You think that they would have tested fully before a release.....

In Canada with an early P85D that normally gets updates quickly, according to the Firmware Tracker that I wish more people would report to.

Love the car but would be nice if Tesla would inform owners what is going on or an estimate of what to expect.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lex
Which do you prefer (not the car, the software)?
I didnt get a ton of time on 8.0 but i felt that AP was improved and was actually seeing two cars ahead, didnt slow as hard on curves, and seemed less jerky. The auto hiding top bar when maps is open was annoying because i couldnt for the life of me get it to come back down without flipping the location of the map to bottom. Got it once by clicking the top bar. After that i couldnt repeat it...