Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No firmware updates in a while

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the brief flurry of them after v9 came out, I'm fine with sitting on 42.4 for a while. It works fine. My wife is out driving the car for the first time this afternoon, I'm desperately hoping i don't get an update while she has it.

Tesla seems to roll out updates slowly unless there are major bugs to be patched. After V9 came out, I was getting updates frequently, but I am also sitting on an older version (42.2). It is always fun to get new updates, but from what I’ve read, I don’t think we are really missing out on anything. The most recent patches seem pretty minor.

Sometimes you might get two updates in one week. Other times, you might get one update in two months. Don't count on getting all updates. Usually there aren't huge differences and they don't send every update to every single car.

I'm still on 42.2. Looks like I missed out on 46.x and will probably go straight to 48.x.

It seems they are only releasing the updates to the areas of the country with colder weather, which makes sense since the updates are for cold weather qol improvements. If you check on teslafi you are rarely seeing the recent updates being pushed to the west coast.

Sometimes you might get two updates in one week. Other times, you might get one update in two months. Don't count on getting all updates. Usually there aren't huge differences and they don't send every update to every single car.

I'm still on 42.2. Looks like I missed out on 46.x and will probably go straight to 48.x.
Of course within 5 hours of postng this, I received the 46.2 update on both of my cars with 5 minutes of each other

I just realized that I haven't seen any updates in a while (still on 42.3!), while there's been 6+ revs since.

The car is on wifi at home, not sure what's happening.

Haha...... was on 39.7 for quite a while - read your note and got a msg to update....

now on 46.2

Long time between updates - means my version of M3 probably didn't have issues addressed by the previous updates.