Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No floor mats for $149K Plaid? REALLY?!!!?!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again, I was too overwhelmed by the excitement of getting a new Model S, this time a Plaid, and I missed what probably would have been obvious to most. No floor mats! At all! No trunk organizer, no trunk cover, just this huge gaping hole! Thoroughly disappointed, my $120K 2020 Model S was a much better deal. The .5 (?) seconds faster zero to sixty just isn't worth it. And the yoke, while manageable, is NOT an improvement, it's just another gadget. It would be great on a track, but around town, it's just damned inconvenient. Tesla Model S $65K, Plaid $65K, plus self driving, taxes, etc come to $161K. Buyer's remorse, save your money and order the regular S. Signed, Silly Man Who Forgot to Grow Up. DOH!

2021 Model S Plaid delivered August 15th, 2021. I received two key fobs, two key cards, carpeted floor mats, mobile connector bag, sub-trunk cover, and folding trunk cover. What I didn't receive were license plate frames and the driver's side trunk cover. Supposedly I am picking those up in January 2022, but we'll see.

As for the yoke? I love it and would not go back. Multi-point turns are fine. The turn signals did take me about a week to really get comfortable using by muscle memory, but I don't mind them at all.

I took delivery of my Plaid at the end of August. I too was surprised to find the floor mats missing as well as the trunk organizer and trunk cover.
When I got the car I was a few days away from taking the Plaid on a long trip and really wanted the trunk cover to make sure our luggage wasn't visible so I prodded our local Service Center and was able to get the trunk parts. The floor mats didn't arrive until a couple weeks after I returned from the 3500 mile trip.

I've driven 8200 miles so far and using 275 wh/mile. I love the yoke but hate the haptic buttons; especially the mic, windshield wiper and horn buttons on the right side. I can live with the turn signal buttons.

Fit and finish was quite good, no problems other than the missing parts.

Not a big deal, just submit a ticket to get your missing items. Would you rather them not delivers cars, just because missing floor mats and trunk parts? I always end up buying all weather mats anyhow and pitch the car mats. :)

Other car manufactures are delivering cars with much worse, like no heated seats, no ability to auto raise steering wheel, etc or not delivering cars at all.

• Disagree
Reactions: TessP100D