TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No front plate?

Discussion in 'New England' started by RyanDe, Jun 20, 2018.

1. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

thining about taking it off in MA, tan without it on my bonnet for 10 years no issues. Anyone take it off?

2. tliving

tliving Member

I went without for 4 years but now MA requires the inspectors to video and take pictures of the inspection so I couldn't find anyone to pass it now. I attached it cleanly with no drilling with 3 zip ties.

3. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

I would always just tape it on during inspection and take it off when I left.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. tliving

tliving Member

They're supposed to prove its not temporarily attached.

5. roblab

roblab Active Member

CA says "attached". 10% of all vehicles in CA do not have front license. Maybe that's part of MA income.

6. colinrego

colinrego Member

Does anyone have recommendations for removing the front plate from a Model 3? They use a (assumed) very strong adhesive. I would like to remove the front plate/bracket, but don’t want to risk damaging anything underneath.

7. North75

North75 Member

I must be crazy, because I actually think the front plate looks fine or might even help break up the big flat front a bit. I'm leaving mine on.

• Like x 1
  8. SureValla

SureValla Member

apply heat and the adhesive should gel enough to remove safety

9. tga

tga Supporting Member

If attached with foam tape, you can also work dental floss in behind it. Saw back and forth to cut through the foam, them use goo-gone, WD40, or bug & tar remover to clean off any residue. That works well for removing dealership logos, badges, etc.

10. sc123

sc123 Member

• Like x 1