Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Bag Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe, that's kind of the issue though, Tesla are inconstant with their availability, and cannot be bought from Tesla at all outside of North America, unless something changed recently.

Mostly I got these out of annoyance at Tesla removing since a trivial item, that aside from serving a purpose, covered up an ugly bolt. I know these are champagne problems, but Model 3 is still marketed as a premium car, so details like this are important. And don't even get me started on the removal of the door bin lights.

The model 3 is not a premium car lol. It looks premium because of the minimalistic interior but materials and build quality is definitely average at best. Sit in a Mercedes, Audi, bmw and quality is many steps above. I love my m3p but trying to be real about this car. Heck even Kia has better build quality on some vehicles.

Reactions: Gasaraki
The model 3 is not a premium car lol. It looks premium because of the minimalistic interior but materials and build quality is definitely average at best. Sit in a Mercedes, Audi, bmw and quality is many steps above. I love my m3p but trying to be real about this car. Heck even Kia has better build quality on some vehicles.
Well, I know. I'm just saying it's marketed as one, and regarded by the industry as being in the Luxury Car category.

Reactions: Gasaraki
Well, I know. I'm just saying it's marketed as one, and regarded by the industry as being in the Luxury Car category.
  1. Tesla has never marketed the Model 3 has a luxury car
  2. I hardly call Forbes magazine (a financial publication) part of the automotive industry. Yes, others (such as CNN) have labeled it luxury, but the 3 is only a little more expensive than mid-range vehicles

upload_2020-7-28_16-25-58.png

Source: Tesla’s New Customer Referral Program

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I guess rounding this thread out, Tesla have now changed the design of the frunk area, so the hooks no longer fit Model 3's being made from around the mid/end of July 2020 (at least NA versions, TBC if it applies to all production, but likely does). Sounds like the usual thing where Tesla exhausts parts supply before putting the new design in, but it was just (very) out of sync between the funk bucket and hooks, in this case.

new model 3 frunk.jpeg