Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Bag Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my M3 LRAWD yesterday.

Firsts off the fit, finish, and paint were all 100% no issues, very pleased.

Came with interior mats, however when showing me the Frunk the delivery rep saw that there were no bag hooks, went to check with the prep team and was advised that the hooks are no longer being offered.

This was a new 2020 build with 3 mies at time of delivery.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Just picked up my M3 LRAWD yesterday.

Firsts off the fit, finish, and paint were all 100% no issues, very pleased.

Came with interior mats, however when showing me the Frunk the delivery rep saw that there were no bag hooks, went to check with the prep team and was advised that the hooks are no longer being offered.

This was a new 2020 build with 3 mies at time of delivery.

can anyone else confirm this though? This is a big loss of true

I have these in my 3, built 12/2018. Do you?
08A488C9-B0A6-45D4-839C-3BCD9F5417A0.jpeg 55087B05-66FA-4AB2-AA81-6F00D39634F2.jpeg

Reactions: Bobbo8
Other manufacturers may build/have build and sold cars like this example selling a 2020 in Sep, or Oct or Nov before the 1 Jan calendar year change. But Tesla does not do that.

Here's an example. If you ordered a new Tesla in Nov or Dec and they are building it, they will assign a VIN for that calendar year. But if the actually build does not occur in Nov or Dec, and will be built in Jan or later, they will change your VIN 10th character to indicate the calendar year for Jan or later. And some owners have reported a complete VIN update or replacement, because Tesla assigned a different car that was built or being built earlier, so the complete VIN was different because it was a different car.

Why suddenly would your be different from what they have been doing for hundreds of thousands of cars for the last 7 years?

Last edited:
Other manufacturers may build/have build and sold cars like this example selling a 2020 in Sep, or Oct or Nov before the 1 Jan calendar year change. But Tesla does not do that.

Here's an example. If you ordered a new Tesla in Nov or Dec and they are building it, they will assign a VIN for that calendar year. But if the actually build does not occur in Nov or Dec, and will be built in Jan or later, they will change your VIN 10th character to indicate the calendar year for Jan or later. And some owners have reported a complete VIN update or replacement, because Tesla assigned a different car that was built or being built earlier, so the complete VIN was different because it was a different car.

Why suddenly would your be different from what they have been doing for hundreds of thousands of cars for the last 7 years?

Because they changed the way they are doing it this year? Perhaps because, for the first time, they are shipping overseas? Who knows?

Whatever, you are wrong. Please read this forum before commenting further. Several here have -received- Model 3s with "L". It's right there near the window, on the ownership documents and state registrations. Are you saying that Tesla then retroactively changes the VIN?

Look at tezz.la. Go to the Tesla website. A smattering of new Model 3s show up (and often grabbed quickly). On a few of those, it is advertised as "2020 Model 3". Does Tesla have it wrong too?

It may be there is zero difference between a Model 3 produced in Sept vs Oct. Nevertheless, the new ones are absolutely, without a shadow of doubt, MODEL YEAR 2020.