Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Bag Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem with all the missing/changed parts is that there is no communication about what should/shouldn’t be included. Without an official announcement from Tesla (“we no longer supply frunk bag hooks”), we all have to assume what happened.
The factory is on all-out production mode right now, most likely to enable deliveries before the end of the year and I above all else appreciate getting my car before the tax credit expires. Maybe the robot that installs the bag hooks was broken that day, or maybe the part was on “back order” and couldn’t be added without holding up the complete build. Who can say?
I assume most of the missing pieces are simply the result of frantic builds and incomplete assembly, nothing more.
Not that that’s fully excusable, but they are producing cars none the less.
I also don’t expect Tesla to publicly announce these shortcomings (more fuel to the haters), so for that reason alone I believe it’s just rushed production. And I will give them a pass on that.
The biggest hurdle for a car company with no dealership has been and will be delivery of vehicles and if I have to add some after-market mats or bag hooks (in addition to what I already bought) to help them out on the front end, so be it.

Last edited:
The problem with all the missing/changed parts is that there is no communication about what should/shouldn’t be included. Without an official announcement from Tesla (“we no longer supply frunk bag hooks”), we all have to assume what happened.
The factory is on all-out production mode right now, most likely to enable deliveries before the end of the year and I above all else appreciate getting my car before the tax credit expires. Maybe the robot that installs the bag hooks was broken that day, or maybe the part was on “back order” and couldn’t be added without holding up the complete build. Who can say?
I assume most of the missing pieces are simply the result of frantic builds and incomplete assembly, nothing more.
Not that that’s fully excusable, but they are producing cars none the less.
I also don’t expect Tesla to publicly announce these shortcomings (more fuel to the haters), so for that reason alone I believe it’s just rushed production. And I will give them a pass on that.

FWIW, a SA at my local showroom showed me a recent internal sales bulletin that frunk hooks are no longer included.

• Informative
Reactions: trisk and tracksyde
wonderful....lol what about the dead pedal? is it just carpet?
It’s got the weird split floor mat covering it. Didn’t realize they were being inconsistent with the dead pedal as well...

Attachments

• B858D1D6-9FD9-4C42-813D-CFA2AC965CEA.jpeg
    B858D1D6-9FD9-4C42-813D-CFA2AC965CEA.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 189
Come on Elon, do we HAVE to have carpet in the car? How about just a thin rubber mat, or, better yet, a bare floor? So much easier to clean too--a hose would do the job!

Just think of how much money we could save by getting rid of it, and the trunk floor liner/carpet too! It's not in the frunk any more, so why bother having it in the back either?

Hey, and why is there a covering inside the trunk lid? What a FRIGGIN' WASTE OF MONEY--get rid of it! You can't even see it when you're driving because everyone is looking forward, not backward.

And what's with the headliner? Is that REALLY necessary? The "naked" look is in these days so why bother installing such an expensive piece of absolute fluff. It's got to go.

Tesla: We de-content our way to profitability (and build cars that you really don't want to show your neighbors).

Am I missing something?

It's not just the frunk hooks. It's the cumulative things that have gone missing in a $40K+ vehicle. What peeves me is the fog lights are installed, yet I have to pay $9K more to have them enabled. The fog lights are more useful to me than 310 range and dual motors.

Question about the missing frunk hooks, is it just a hole where they should be? To me that would look piss poor and unprofessional.

Not sure if this has anything to do with why no frunk bag hooks but at about 2:35 of this video they state that the hooks have the original model 3 emblem, three dashes. Apparently addidas sued them so they had to change the emblem... not sure if they still had these

Not sure if this has anything to do with why no frunk bag hooks but at about 2:35 of this video they state that the hooks have the original model 3 emblem, three dashes. Apparently addidas sued them so they had to change the emblem... not sure if they still had these

completely off topic, but holy smokes I wish they still made the model 3 in silver. Man, that was sharp.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Mine (picked up end of September) has them and I didn't realize it until I read this post!
I was today days old when I learned this (took delivery in August). Granted, I hardly use my Frunk because of the difficulty to close.

Can somebody please post a photo of their M3 missing these hooks? This is all conjecture until proven.
Seriously? You need a photo? All the people who already said they didn't have it in this thread before this post wasn't sufficient? :rolleyes:

No lawsuit here but i did just pick up my 2020 stealth performance and all the changes are true. I’m a sucker for ambient lighting so that’s the only one that bothers me but whatever. Ill figure out the install if I can. All of the changes are cheap so if this helps their production issues, I get it. The car is still a dream. Is it annoying and dumb? yes. Do most manufacturers do this? Yes. I almost bought a Volvo XC40 before i decided I just couldn’t do gas anymore and didn’t want to wait for the electric version. The 2020 xc40 cut out even bigger features from the 2019 than Tesla is cutting. It’s crap but it’s not that deep to me in the end.

Wanted a weather mat for my frunk anyway. Can confirm all of the changes here tho.

Reactions: bcpm3p and OverEZPZ
No lawsuit here but i did just pick up my 2020 stealth performance and all the changes are true. I’m a sucker for ambient lighting so that’s the only one that bothers me but whatever. Ill figure out the install if I can. All of the changes are cheap so if this helps their production issues, I get it. The car is still a dream. Is it annoying and dumb? yes. Do most manufacturers do this? Yes. I almost bought a Volvo XC40 before i decided I just couldn’t do gas anymore and didn’t want to wait for the electric version. The 2020 xc40 cut out even bigger features from the 2019 than Tesla is cutting. It’s crap but it’s not that deep to me in the end.

Wanted a weather mat for my frunk anyway. Can confirm all of the changes here tho.
If you figure out the ambient lighting in the doors, please let me know. If I do, I'll let you know :)

Reactions: JordyJr12