Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Bag Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other manufacturers may build/have build and sold cars like this example selling a 2020 in Sep, or Oct or Nov before the 1 Jan calendar year change. But Tesla does not do that.

Here's an example. If you ordered a new Tesla in Nov or Dec and they are building it, they will assign a VIN for that calendar year. But if the actually build does not occur in Nov or Dec, and will be built in Jan or later, they will change your VIN 10th character to indicate the calendar year for Jan or later. And some owners have reported a complete VIN update or replacement, because Tesla assigned a different car that was built or being built earlier, so the complete VIN was different because it was a different car.

Why suddenly would your be different from what they have been doing for hundreds of thousands of cars for the last 7 years?

Yeah, I was wrong on this one. I didn't get the memo. Didn't see when they changed their own rules on this. But some time, it appears, in fall of '19, they started doing the stuff others have been doing. :)

Reactions: TOPSCRT
Totally agree that the frequent software updates are what sets this car apart from other manufacturers. It is, literally, the reason I bought a Model 3. However, this does not excuse the removal of parts that cost pennies as the model years move on (frunk hooks, door pocket lights, etc)
Tesla delivered over 92k model 3’s last quarter, thats well over $200k saved from a part that costs just “pennies”. I really could give a darn about the bolt covers that turned into bag hooks that people really only cared about after they disappeared. Does not dim my smile in the least when i get behind the wheel. Don’t worry though, someone will start making some carbon fiber ones for $30 here soon.

I can't believe this thread has made it to 13 pages (244 posts in cases there's a way to change the number of posts per page - I never checked the settings).

Even assuming that these WERE designed as bag hooks (which I highly doubt), SO WHAT that they eliminated them. First, I doubt that many people would even use them for that purpose. But even then, it is such a MINOR detail that has been driven into the ground. I am in favor of Tesla making money: that way they are around to take care of my car.

C'mon people: find something worthy to bitch about!

Maybe, just maybe, this is the best that "people" can do when it comes to whining about a Tesla? Oh, I can think of a couple of things that are "better" than this, but I won't steal this thread to whine about those. Could be that those fussing about coat hooks, - wait, what? I heard theme music queuing me - oh yes, BAG hooks, almost got that wrong. Those folks fussing about bag hooks have not had their cars long enough to figure out there's more to complain about. However, my Tesla is so so much better than any ICE I have had. Come to think of it, it was better the day I got it 2 years ago than any ICE I have owned. And its better today, that it was when it was brand new. So much better that I give Tesla a pass on all other things that I could carry on about. Thanks Elon.

I used the bag hooks all the time in my 2018 Model 3, especially for take out and groceries. Wish my 2020 had them

Just tried ordering from the Burbank, CA Service Center and they said it wasn’t in stock and they can’t order it.

Has anyone been able to order them from a SC in the LA area?

Last edited: