Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Bag Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great example how Tesla is a far different company than the legacy brands.

Many of their parts are far less expensive than you would pay at a Mercedes dealership for instance.
Used to be expensive, but recently see reports that many people are happy with the latest pricing.
A good example is the Model 3 cabin air filters.

Just stumbled across this because I swear I had frunk bag hooks before, then noticed them missing after a mobile service tech worked on my car and had to disconnect the battery.

Asked them to replace the hooks today when the car was in for other work and was told my car apparently didn't come with them and that they were an optional extra now?! For some $1.10 bag hooks?! God knows why they're doing such penny pinching, but I swear they were in there prior to the service so they agreed to put some in for me. I think I'd have noticed before if they were missing because it just looks daft without them, like part of the car is missing. Why they'd try to skimp on such a tiny expense, I have no idea. My car is an M3P, so not exactly a cheap car.

Didn't realise about the door pocket lights until I read this thread, but I think I'm OK with that. I've never liked the idea of internal lighting at night, as any light inside the car will just make it harder to see out. My previous car had door pocket lighting and TBH I didn't even notice it until I read about it online and thought to check when I next got in the car. Seems a bit pointless and a waste of electricity (albeit a tiny amount).

My car also didn't come with a frunk mat, but I bought a frunk/trunk liner set that included a rubberised mat, so again not too bothered.

I spoke to my local Tesla service center and they told me the cost for both hooks would be $22....this seems absurdly high for what is in effect some plastic. Can anyone who actually bought them for $1.10 comment on where they purchased these? Thanks!

That's ridiculous. Picked up our Model 3 in December. Frunk hooks were not there. Asked my Service Advisor to order me a pair. When they came in he told me to stop by and installed them in less than a minute at no charge. This was the Burbank Service Center.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Or you can order from Tesla for $1.20....
Maybe, that's kind of the issue though, Tesla are inconstant with their availability, and cannot be bought from Tesla at all outside of North America, unless something changed recently.

Mostly I got these out of annoyance at Tesla removing since a trivial item, that aside from serving a purpose, covered up an ugly bolt. I know these are champagne problems, but Model 3 is still marketed as a premium car, so details like this are important. And don't even get me started on the removal of the door bin lights.

Oh, so they're something that lets you hang something in the Frunk instead of just putting it on the floor of the Frunk?
Yep, plastic grocery bags. all this over hooks. Major conspiracy. Thank goodness we have Pete to break through the grief and anxiety to provide a solution.

Some of us were Pete's first customers when he invented the fob cover.

Last edited: