Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Lighting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 Model S 85D and was about to upgrade the frunk light. However, when I removed the light it appears to be just a blank. Looked like the standard light, but there were no wires connected to it. I felt behind with my fingers but couldn’t find any wires. Am I on crack or, let me guess, it is part of a package in order to get frunk lighting?

Any ideas?

Here is an image with the blank bulb removed.

Attachments

• E39EBB08-CA5E-437B-BEAE-24CAF3D0AA7A.jpeg
    E39EBB08-CA5E-437B-BEAE-24CAF3D0AA7A.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 234
I’m about 90% sure the frunk lighting is a standard feature, but I couldn’t prove it to you conclusively. I have a 2015 S85D with tech package and AP1 but without premium lighting, and it has that light. (On the other hand it didn’t come with ambient lighting, rear door puddle lights, rear footwell lights, or the interior lights on either side of the trunk hatch. Most of those I retrofitted with Abstract Ocean bulbs.)

I wonder if the wire just wasn’t connected and it might be dangling in back of the nosecone or in front of the frunk tub.

Bruce.

My 2016 has lighting in the frunk. I have not seen a Model S that doesn't have it. Perhaps someone had to take your frunk out for a repair, and dropped the wire; then just didn't bother fishing it out.

I upgraded to the LEDs from RPM Tesla, because those were the brightest I could find.