Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No FSD Beta Request Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No FSD Beta Request Button. I bought a 2018 3 with FSD and already in the beta program. Of course the first thing I did was transferred the car to my account and factory reset it. It cleared the data and 10.69 was still there. But no FSD. Drove for a couple days and still no FSD. I did another reset just because. No FSD and it updated to 2022.44.2. No FSD or request button. What am I missing? All of the posts that show the button show it on the autopilot page, I don’t have that button. But it does show “included package” for full self driving.

No FSD Beta Request Button. I bought a 2018 3 with FSD and already in the beta program. Of course the first thing I did was transferred the car to my account and factory reset it. It cleared the data and 10.69 was still there. But no FSD. Drove for a couple days and still no FSD. I did another reset just because. No FSD and it updated to 2022.44.2. No FSD or request button. What am I missing? All of the posts that show the button show it on the autopilot page, I don’t have that button. But it does show “included package” for full self driving.
When you bought the car, was FSD listed in your bill of sale? Sometimes, dealers purchase used cars from Tesla auctions. If the car had FSD and passes through Tesla's ownership, they often will delete FSD. Unfortunately, they have been known to be slow at doing this and the new owner loses FSD unexpectedly. So, if you bought it from a dealer (or Tesla), look to see if your sales contract lists FSD as an option.

It's also possible the car had an FSD monthly subscription.

in the tesla mobile app scroll to the bottom and go to Specs & Warranty.
if "Full Self-Driving Capability" is not listed in the specs then the car does not have FSD purchased.

The car either had a subscription from the previous owner that expired or you got the car from a dealer and FSD was removed once the car was transferred to your account.

Reactions: B1081358
No Request Button on my car though I‘ve paid for FSD several years back. Contacted Tesla service. They say that I need a camera upgrade as well as an Infotainment upgrade to get the FSD beta. But they do not have the camera upgrade hardware currently. Once I got the camera upgrade i would still have to pay $1750 for the infotainment upgrade (I have the FSD computer). Or I can wait for the FSD non-beta release, then all hardware upgrades will be included with my original FSD purchase. Of course no one knows when the non-beta FSD will be released.

Does this sound crazy and unfair ?

No Request Button on my car though I‘ve paid for FSD several years back. Contacted Tesla service. They say that I need a camera upgrade as well as an Infotainment upgrade to get the FSD beta. But they do not have the camera upgrade hardware currently. Once I got the camera upgrade i would still have to pay $1750 for the infotainment upgrade (I have the FSD computer). Or I can wait for the FSD non-beta release, then all hardware upgrades will be included with my original FSD purchase. Of course no one knows when the non-beta FSD will be released.

Sounds like they are waiting for MCU1 owners to become impatient enough to pay up instead of waiting.

Ugh
Any update on this? I finally got my cameras upgraded last month and requested FSD but haven't seen anything.
Are they really trying to squeeze more money out of me to fix a computer that they know needs to be upgraded?

Many of us are locked out and just need the update to get in. Unfortunately tesla seems to be using this recall as cover while they keep releasing new update to mcu2 and above cars. Mcu1 has to get an update eventually, but when. Who knows!! This is rediculous tho. Too many games being played. No priority after 6 years.

Reactions: dbldwn02