Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No further part 2 reveal for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jayc

Mar 28, 2016
UK
One thing is blindingly obvious after last nights supposedly Model 3 reveal part 2 which turned out not to be Model 3 specific. What does that mean?

To me, this says Tesla will not do any other events for Model 3 ahead configuration call.

Is that because they have no useful progress to show or because they want to prevent the competition from taking advantage and randomly announcing vaporware just to make headlines?

LOL, WUT?

I can't even fathom how you believe this to be a logical conclusion.

And calling the new autonomous-driving hardware suite "vaporware" - when there is a video showing it in action - .... Well, if you believe it's just some sort of "parlor trick", and that the car was remote-controlled by a human, then you have the right to call it vaporware. But otherwise, I think they've demonstrated that it's quite real. As they said, they'll need to further tweak the software, and obtain regulatory approval to release the features in all of the various countries/states.

One thing is blindingly obvious after last nights supposedly Model 3 reveal part 2 which turned out not to be Model 3 specific. What does that mean?

To me, this says Tesla will not do any other events for Model 3 ahead configuration call.

Is that because they have no useful progress to show or because they want to prevent the competition from taking advantage and randomly announcing vaporware just to make headlines?
I respectfully have no idea how you come to that conclusion. At some point before configuration can begin they will have to show people what they are buying. While I was a bit disappointed in yesterday's content as well, I am really excited about where they are with Autopilot. It bodes well for the company in general and will have a direct impact on my Model 3. I have no doubt that an unveil of the interior and other features will happen in the spring some time. Let's remember folks, we are already 2 years ahead of what Tesla initially stated at the first reveal. Let's all just take a deep breath and put it all in perspective.

Dan

Reactions: melindav and garsh
When was Model 3 Reveal Part 2 again? As yesterday obviously was an anouncement of a new hardware/software feature for all Tesla Models, not anything Model 3 specific. Or did I miss something?

Tesla introduced hardware capable of Level 5 autonomous driving, which will differentiate Model 3 from every car in its class and literally put it in a class by itself. That is "taking things to another level" as Elon promised the next reveal would.

While I would have loved to see the latest Model 3 prototypes up close, autonomous driving is a huge (even historic) development and deserved all the attention Tesla is giving it IMO. And Elon has already stated that there will be a Reveal Part 3, which will provide more specifics on the Model 3. Model 3 is going to be incredible, and I am looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited:
Model 3's proper introduction to the world will be a full-blown Tesla event.

Also, with last night being a closed event, I guess we now know which "product reveal" referral program winners will be invited to.

So now the question is.....December, or January...?

Hmm, so many dislikes, does that mean people actually liked Tesla calling this event "Model 3 part 2" and announcing Autopilot 2.0? So these people were not disappointed at not having any Model 3 specific content in it but not only that, it would be viewed as being wrong to claim to have been disappointed at not hearing any Model 3 news from an announcement titled Model 3 part 2? I find that a really strange stance to take.

Hmm, so many dislikes, does that mean people actually liked Tesla calling this event "Model 3 part 2" and announcing Autopilot 2.0? So these people were not disappointed at not having any Model 3 specific content in it? I find that a really strange stance to take.

The dislikes come from the fact that you unilaterally decided:
...Tesla will not do any other events for Model 3 ahead configuration call.

Did you use your "jump to conclusions" mat?

I still say March. I think January is too early, assuming the first people don't configure until late April for a July initial production I don't see them having the final event 3 or 4 months before. Of course, I'm probably wrong ...
I could see another late March event....The Design Studio won't go live until early April. That way, the suppliers will know what they need to come to the table with on July 1, 2017

Reactions: pmich80 and EinSV
The dislikes come from the fact that you unilaterally decided:

Did you use your "jump to conclusions" mat?

I specifically said "To me, this says Tesla will not do any other events for Model 3 ahead configuration call.". So that is how I interpreted it as. Elon clearly stated in reveal 1 that part 2 will explain the missing bits of steering wheel and dashboard and we did not hear anything about that. That coupled with no further details in the conf call made me think this was it.

Last edited:

To the contrary, their interior design is so revolutionary Tesla will only announce it right before production to avoid being copied or imitated.

Hmm, so many dislikes, does that mean people actually liked Tesla calling this event "Model 3 part 2" and announcing Autopilot 2.0? So these people were not disappointed at not having any Model 3 specific content in it but not only that, it would be viewed as being wrong to claim to have been disappointed at not hearing any Model 3 news from an announcement titled Model 3 part 2? I find that a really strange stance to take.
If we were disappointed, and I admit I was somewhat, it was due to our own self generated expectations. We are all chomping at the bit for information and many of us (me included) read more into it than what was there. That being said, the technology presented puts Tesla in unparalleled territory in the industry and is really exciting news. If you have not watched the video of the Model X driving on 2.0 software and the new hardware, it is jaw dropping.

Dan

• Helpful
Reactions: S'toon and EinSV