Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No gas makes driving a lot "easy" -- are you concerned about mileage?

How concerned are you about mileage?

• I drive it wherever, whenever. No worries.

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • I try to keep my mileage reasonable

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I proactively try to keep my mileage low

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like others have already mentioned, I actually look for opportunities to hop in and go for a ride. Being a bit frugal (others have called it penny-pincher) I have never done this before. I have over 6,000 miles on mine since 5 December. I LOVE just hopping in it and deciding North, South, East, or West and just get in it and go. I love the back roads best.

I am driving without thinking about mileage.

One of the best things about the car is that my family has taken more road trips just because it is "free". Tesla is bringing back the road trip... it is a great way to explore the area with your family. Makes me feel like I am back in my youth when we took road trips often.

I am driving about 30-40% more with my Model S than previous cars. The more I drive the better I feel. :)

I bought mine as a high-performance car replacement. It has lived up to that standard, and the fact that it is economical, efficient, and energy-saving are all just bonuses. Based on my commute, I drive a round-trip daily total of less than 10 miles. That being said, I currently have almost 12k on the car. I LOVE driving it, I've driving to LA, SF, and have more road trips planned. I take the car everywhere possible. Lately, I've been a little more concerned about driving it at night in less than desirable environments because of some vandalism that happened, but other than that, I take it everywhere I can. For whatever reason, I'm not concerned with re-sale, just want to enjoy it as long as I can.

Ditto, ditto, ditto! Our Model S has become our #1 car, even for very long road trips. We are blessed to be in a SuperCharger and highAmp L2 charging paradise in BC-WA area, so road trips are becoming increasingly as fast and efficient as with an ICEmobile. As ChadS has said, we bought the car to replace airplanes as much as possible, not just driving ICE. Today I drive the 150 miles (each way) to Whistler. Next week we do the (now monthly) 900 mile round trip to see my father-in-law. In a couple weeks we drive to the Bay Area for a conference. In May, we are planning to drive all the way to our second home in SE Iowa; hopefully with a few more Superchargers installed on I-90. Since I am mostly retired and do not commute, MOST of our mileage is on road trips, and has accumulated quickly.

Like others, we anticipate keeping our Signature Model S until it becomes a rare classic, and then some! Same with our dear Roadster!