Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No heat when only front facing vents on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it’s double digits below freezing in Ontario and I’ve come across an odd problem.

When I have heat on at 24 on Manual mode and BOTH front facing and floor vents on, the air gets warm as expected. However, after running this way for a while, if I switch off the floor vents and only leave the front facing one on, the air starts to lose heat and in fact turns COLD as if I have the AC turned on! Climate control is still set at 24 but the air temp is much lower.

Anyone facing this issue? I have a service appointment for the new year.

Second issue is that the floor vent is directly above the accelerator pedal. After a while, the right foot gets very hot and uncomfortable. And because I can’t remove my foot off the accelerator (else the car starts braking due to regen braking), the only way is to switch off the floor vents….but then the temp starts to drop!!! There’s no winning. Has anyone had any luck redirecting the floor vent to point in a different direction? It seems it’s a hard plastic vent so I can’t move it but need to redirect the air flow somehow even if it’s some hack to deflect the air flow.

This car really is not made for winter weather (still experiencing cold draft from underneath the driver door causing the left side to get very cold while driving).

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles